Window Cleaner I Know Of Has Passed Away - Canvass His Round?

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Kips, Feb 13, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

Right, this is going to seem a little heartless perhaps, or on the flip side, business is business?

A friend of a friend of a friend who was a window cleaner recently passed away. I know where part of his round is/was as I canvassed it before without knowing it was his and found that he had almost every single house on a certain road - about 50 or 60 places.

Now, one of my friends has said he doesn't want to canvass it because he sort of knew the guy - knew who he was to say hello to at least, but not good friends -

However, I never met the bloke...

Is it really bad if I go back round and canvass the houses that I did before, that he was the window cleaner on?

I mean, its a bit morbid and a bit soon (he died last week) but if I don't, then someone else will, and to be honest I could really use the money.

I'm torn between 'business is business' and 'it's disrespectful'.

What do you guys think?

Advertisement
  2. Iain

Iain Guru

Difficult one but business is business and you never met the bloke so go for it.

3. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

Sounds harsh but if you don`t clean them someone else will.

You have the knowledge so use it.

4. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Canvass them. Remember let them know he has died, as bad as it may sound you will pick up more by doing this.

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Best make sure that your information is correct first as last thing you want is tell everybody their window cleaner has died then only to find out his is alive and well.

To be honest if the chap has died I think that is bad form as his next of kin may try selling the round or give it away to somebody else.

6. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

He is definitely dead. It's been in the papers and there was an obituary. From what I know, he was actually a builder/carpenter, and window cleaning was just something he did part time as a sideline.

7. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

I think I'm gonna go for it. I currently have a second job that I absolutely hate, working as a telephone debt collector in the evenings, because I need the money. I can't afford to pass up the opportunity to be able to get enough work that I could afford to quit telephoning poor people and threatening them to pay money they can't afford. It is literally soul destroying and making me feel very depressed. All the money I earn from it goes to pay debts so if I can swap that work for more window cleaning work I will be much better off.

Desperate times, desperate measures.

8. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Sad when anyone passes away but any one of you would canvas the street if he was alive so yeah why not now.

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Very true dodger :D

In that case go for it kips.
    Good luck! ;)

10. harunh

harunh Legend

His customers wont even no bout him passing away, so u cant knock all doors n assume its his customers u gotta make sure, and most people wont even no his name , if u ask them hus your cleaner theyll be like ermmm i think so n so ,

His next of kin may sell it or take over it tho

Go to his family n say to them sorry to hear this but u dont mind me taking over his round do u ? They myt pass u all his paperwork even :)

Advertisement