Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New to WFP, just got my backpack/trolley made :)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

PjMetalHead

Hello all, I've been lurking here for over a month whilst reading about the reach and wash system. 

Finally feel like I have backpack/trolley finished.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Pat

20170710_221407.jpg

Hi Pat . That looks very neat .i have a similar set up , as well as a van mount . Where did you get the hose reel I can't seem to find a decent mini one , and that looks quite sturdy . Also if you are using that trolley all day every day it won't last very long . The wheels will collapse . You need to get one with pneumatic tyres . 

Looks good! I've been tracking my water usage and found that on average I use 22l of water per property on regular maintenance cleans, so in theory a backpack would only need to be filled up once for each job.

You'll be filling up every two minutes with that.
I could easily do 2 standard houses with that

I know someone with a 650 tank and bilge pump setup who works like that and takes 10 seconds to refil

He is in his 60s and can work as quick as me.with my van mount

20170710_221302.jpg

Thanks for all the input, I will only be using this on certain awkward windows just now but I'll be doing a bigger set up in the future.
The hose reel is just a small hozelock type that I got from a friend. Holds 30m of hose easily.
I will be changing this trolley aswell as it is definitely not up to the job of coming in and out of the van.
Cheers all

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Looks good mate smart set up that. I used my trustee Gardiner backpack for my first year before getting my van system and still use it now occasionally

I could easily do 2 standard houses with that

I know someone with a 650 tank and bilge pump setup who works like that and takes 10 seconds to refil

He is in his 60s and can work as quick as me.with my van mount
More than 10 seconds if he's any distance from van.

I was diy trolley with drums for a year and it was no slower than now with my van mount

Yes i just swapped drums rather than filling a backpack but who is that busy they can't walk to the van for a few seconds

It depends how you work but i do a very good day each day without having to panic about a lost minute here and there

I've started to move customers upper windows on to WFP and use a diy trolley with a backpack and 25l drum on it, the backpack and drum will last me 7-8 houses uppers front and back.  Then when I need more I walk back to the car to get more drums out, doesn't take long, and in a day's work only adds an extra 20 minutes max to my day. 

I went through a phase of tops only with trolley to save water

Screwed a boab straight to the trolley and a loop of cable tie to hold a spray bottle of solution

Didn't even have to go back to get my trad gear then and used to do loads of houses before needing a new drum

I enjoy the trad work but again so it to save water. I'll do 5-6 houses in a row with the pole then go back and start from scratch with the squeegees. Drops have long gone at that point 

I have a van mount, purefreedom nano and also gardiners backpack on trolley, the gardiners backpack is great if on a budget and works spot on can easily do a 3 bed semi, also if you have awkward jobs like going through a house to get to the rear they are perfect for that just half fill and carry.

if you can afford a trolley I'm really impressed with the purefreedom nano superlight and only take a couple of seconds to change.

my van mount is far by my favourite thought?

Back