Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Buying Work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jimbob

just been offered to buy a round off a window cleaner whos moving away, and would appreciate any advice what to do when buying and what to look out for thanks

If its wfp and you clean by wfp and asking three times, (residential) and it's an established round... then not bad... Make sure you have some agreement typed up. If he is cleaning traditionally and u clean by wfp, then you could lose a lot of customers as they not like the system. I would never by a trad round. Got offered one in Bradford which was brining in 7k a month. Wanted 21k for it, but once he told me it's all trad cleaning I knocked it back.

whats that in simple terms
Its proof of a sale. He could ''sell'' you this round without an agreement he could just go back and start cleaning it again. Theres no written proof that he sold it to you.

The competition clause would stop him working as a window cleaner and/or working as a window cleaner within x miles of any house on that round you bought

its trad and his asking 4 times been established for 7 years i mainly clean trad but do a few wfp so not to big a deal

Its proof of a sale. He could ''sell'' you this round without an agreement he could just go back and start cleaning it again. Theres no written proof that he sold it to you.

The competition clause would stop him working as a window cleaner and/or working as a window cleaner within x miles of any house on that round you bought
ok thanks

this means nothing proof of sale, who would you report him too the police, he can start canvassing again. its all done in good faith, most people sell up for a reason. starting different work , been caught dhss., bad health, or too cold. do the round with him and get paid for your days work. put this towards purchase. this is what i done. if he started cleaning again theres nothing i could do. if your good enough you will not loose any, dont put prices up untill your established if needed. this is hard when they are wanting 5 - 10 cleans, just walk away. depending on size of round of course not everyone is legitimate

Back