Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp Vans With Only 1 Pump For 2 Reels Etc

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rcproperty

just been thinking what do you guys do that only have one pump or use one pump for 2 reels if that pump breaks down say mid morning or near the start of the day??

do you lot just pack up and go home or just put wfp away and use ladders for the rest of it??

i have had one pump go on me during the day, but with the way i have set up i have 2 pumps plumbed in, so if one i can just switch to the other pump and carry on working.

before anyone says anythin, yes i know that the second pump could go down 2, but is less likley as its not used all the time.

Not got started window cleaning yet but was fist thing that crossed my mind when I bought the set up so bought a streamline trolley set up to back up system so trolley now can replace the van pump in 5mins worth of hose switching like you say one failure could take out the system

My dad said to me why dont u get another part of everything and store it away so ur always backed up ,, im gna get another pump soon and store it incase my pump fails on me

my shurflo 100psi pump wont pump my 2 100m 8mm hoses... but it pumped through 1, and a hozelock 30m reel? so have had 1 reel lying in shed never even used..

Not got started window cleaning yet but was fist thing that crossed my mind when I bought the set up so bought a streamline trolley set up to back up system so trolley now can replace the van pump in 5mins worth of hose switching like you say one really cold snap could take out your pump
wasnt really thinking of the cold or freezing, was just thinking in general, it was a summers day when one of my pumps stoped wroking.

wasnt really thinking of the cold or freezing, was just thinking in general, it was a summers day when one of my pumps stoped wroking.
Your on the ball today rc have edited should read right now

Your on the ball today rc have edited should read right now
no shouldnt of edited it, others could learn from it to with the cold weather etc. could easlier happen in the cold weather too!

my shurflo 100psi pump wont pump my 2 100m 8mm hoses... but it pumped through 1' date=' and a hozelock 30m reel? so have had 1 reel lying in shed never even used..[/quote']The 1 pump will only do so much work a lot of variables will effect the pump like the height of the pole after the hose but at least you know it's limitations

While on the subject of pumps spoke to a guy a while back about the could weather he adds anti freeze to his water don't think that will do the pump much good as some antifreeze will perish rubber seals over time

While on the subject of pumps spoke to a guy a while back about the could weather he adds anti freeze to his water don't think that will do the pump much good as some antifreeze will perish rubber seals over time
ture, also chance of the water not being pure, and could cost a bit if you using lots of water each day!

the system i bought has 2 reels and 1 pump , noticed when using 2 reels ( got son out to test it) that i needed to have van running to maintain flow too both reels, wont really be using 2 reels at same time so not an issue at the moment, ive bought a spare 100 psi shuriflo, keep it in van along with tools too change if needed, only cost £80 incl delivery , good investment if you ask me , dont need downtime in any business , always carry spares, pays in long run /emoticons/smile.png

the system i bought has 2 reels and 1 pump ' date=' noticed when using 2 reels ( got son out to test it) that i needed to have van running to maintain flow too both reels, wont really be using 2 reels at same time so not an issue at the moment, ive bought a spare 100 psi shuriflo, keep it in van along with tools too change if needed, only cost £80 incl delivery , good investment if you ask me , dont need downtime in any business , always carry spares, pays in long run /emoticons/smile.png[/quote']That's true, that's why I also carry 2-3 poles too just in case one breaks,
are you running the system on a separate battery or is it hooked upto the vans?

I do have double of everything, pole and hose parts, pump If went I would just purchase another one from my supplier. He is based in Leeds, only 15 min drive.

Very wise man squeak could do with another supplier it's only 1hr to Leeds if you get time could I pinch the name of the supplier

I have 2 spare controllers and 2 pumps but i still only use 1 pump and controller per van for 2 man setup and works a treat if you set controller to 70% plenty of water comes outta my 2 100mtr micro bore hose reels .

Latest Posts

Back