Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best way to clean decking

moonpig

HELP! Today I cleaned my first lot of decking it took an age !!!!! Low pressure and 15 degrees nozzle anyone know a better way of cleaning it please would really appreciate a point in the fit direction.

I did my decking at the weekend with the steamer and made it so easy

I used to use the pressure washer on low and wide nozzle because you will put splits all over the decking

Usually decking is dead easy what was on it

God knows what was on it I think it had been stained with a really dark stain at some point in its life. It was really really green and slippery couldn't tell what I had cleaned and what was dirty. Tried hypo mind at 25-1 with a good squirt of washing up liquid in it as I've heard that makes it stick to things ? Didn't do anything to the decking at all. Sprayed it on a really mingging bit had a bacon sarnie that the custy had cooked for me went back and was the same as when I sprayed it hahaha.

God knows what was on it I think it had been stained with a really dark stain at some point in its life. It was really really green and slippery couldn't tell what I had cleaned and what was dirty. Tried hypo mind at 25-1 with a good squirt of washing up liquid in it as I've heard that makes it stick to things ? Didn't do anything to the decking at all. Sprayed it on a really mingging bit had a bacon sarnie that the custy had cooked for me went back and was the same as when I sprayed it hahaha.
I use hypo on decking

It's probly been stained with the wrong stuff rather proper decking oil or stain

Can be a night mare has it really absorbs into the wood

I always ask what it was stained with and do a patch test

Back in the summer I got these little pouches of solution made by karcher, you add to 5L of water, spray on with sprayer, leave then work with stiff brush and rinse.

Since I got them not one person has asked for decking cleaning /emoticons/sad.png(

Well now looking at your pics William it deffo wasn't a stain it must have been paint and really really old decking. Oh well they were happy with the result it was just me that wasn't. Didn't know if there was a easier better way to clean them.

Thanks for the replies...

Well now looking at your pics William it deffo wasn't a stain it must have been paint and really really old decking. Oh well they were happy with the result it was just me that wasn't. Didn't know if there was a easier better way to clean them.Thanks for the replies...
. Moonpig--- send before after of that painted decking if you have the pics -- allways like to see results.

looks great- I've been considering advertising roof cleans but concerned about h and s aspect- do you use rope harness? Or wing it and just get up there and get on with it? If you don't mind me asking what you charge standard roof as pictured?

Haha baby shampoo when spraying hypo I use fary liquid mixed in just to help it stick. Bet that took it out of you using a power pole for that hole job !! Are you arms like legs haha.

Haha baby shampoo when spraying hypo I use fary liquid mixed in just to help it stick. Bet that took it out of you using a power pole for that hole job !! Are you arms like legs haha.
Haha yes it's hard work but if you get the pressure right and I use the crawler attachment it's pretty easy as the pressure takes the weight

Fairy liquid I like it

It's a good tip tho and def makes it stick useful on walls and roofs

Yes deffo !!! On a very very bad Algie covered wall of a house I did a few weeks back used in a 5 ltr sprayer 25% full with hypo 75% water and a very good squirt of fary liquid worked a treat then as the drips of hypo were falling on the Tarmac I had my lad there with a hose pipe washing it down, (or is there no need to do that)

Yes deffo !!! On a very very bad Algie covered wall of a house I did a few weeks back used in a 5 ltr sprayer 25% full with hypo 75% water and a very good squirt of fary liquid worked a treat then as the drips of hypo were falling on the Tarmac I had my lad there with a hose pipe washing it down, (or is there no need to do that)
Id pint very much it would case any harm specially at that ratio

Mind may as well make the lad work instead of standing there ha

Back