Window Cleaners Ripping People Off

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by All Round Cleaning, Jul 23, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Had a job to go and price up yesterday from a facebook ad i posted in a for sale group
    went and seen it only a little 3 bed house quoted her £17 first clean then £12 every 4 weeks
    she was well happy with those prices so she gave me the job .

anyway was talking to her and she told me that she had 2 other quotes from guys on facebook and they quoted her

£40 a month because it was double glazed and apparently double glazing is harder to clean than normal glass ???

£24 a month thats it no explanation .

Now im in Wolverhampton not the best nor the worse place for cleaning prices the average for a 3 bed semi is around £8
    But i been pushing lately for £10 & £12 and im picking up say %75 of the work that im quoting so not that bad
    as the saying goes if you get every job you quote you are too cheap .

But come on £24 & £40 for normal 3 bed semis i mean that takes the biscuit doesn't it ?
    or does it ?

Advertisement
  2. Dodger

Dodger Hero

£40 for a basic 3 bed semi every 4 weeks takes a packet of chocolate digestives Gav, I see those kind of people as bad as cowboy builders.

Charge what you like for commercial but that is ripping people off.

3. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

You sure she said 40 and not 4?
    Am sure there is a lot of £4 brigaders where you live?

4. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

No G she said that there was no way on this earth she was willing to pay £40 to have her windows cleaned every month !
    if it was £4 why did she have me at £12 ?

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

[SIZE=10.5pt]2 storey 3 bed semi with easy access with no conservatory and/or extensions then £12 is very reasonable I think.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Myself I would quote anything between £15 -£20 depending on size and what's it was like for a first clean then anything between £10-15 thereafter on a monthly clean.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Who charges double for double glazed windows because they are hard to clean... Now I've heard it all :Image3: [/SIZE]

6. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

i picked up a job in paignton 11 windows easy house , funy thing is she also had to quotes frm different guys 1 said £18 the other £20 i charge her £9 got the job sweet :Image3: cant bleve wat some charge crazy thay wont last lng in this trade cos thay will price them selfs out of wrk lol.

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Some do very well at it charging more for a quality job but I know where you're comming from :Image9:

8. OoO

OoO Guest

If the customer is happy to pay it then that's down to the customer.

But yeah from the examples given its not fair.

Last job I came across was a small detached. With like 10 windows.

Takes like 10 mins or less.

We are £12 last firm was £25!

9. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

thing is u cant get cleaner than clean m8 im very picky lol :Image13:

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

There are plenty of splash & dash merchants about too that give the industry a bad name :Image13:

Advertisement