Window Cleaners That Undercut

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by deano13, Jan 26, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. deano13

deano13 Active Member

This happened to me a few months ago lost three customers because of it.i wasn't that bothered about it cos they was either bad payer's or they was hit n miss but what p*ssed me off was the fact they just left to go with this rat who undercut me

Advertisement
  2. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

when he cant keep going or quits and they ask you to go back, say your to busy or add a quid or 2 to what you did them for before.

most customers are loyal to be fair

3. deano13

deano13 Active Member

yeah thats what I normally do.To be fair they tell me if someone has been around this windy was really trying it on with them

4. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

Meh it's life dude, even undercut him bk if they are good payers, otherwise dw lol

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I'd undercut him, get the jobs back and don't bother going again and leave them with no windy just to p!ss them off for lack of loyalty!

6. deano13

deano13 Active Member

I find it a cheek of some windys who purposely go out to undercut other windys never done it my self

7. Fazza123

Fazza123 Member

If any rat come on my round they'd be looking for a new career very soon !

8. OoO

OoO Guest

We had a firm go round years ago. Priced every house with a letter.

He came in at 9.50 on a house we charged £19 for!

The customer cancelled as the "deal was too good" I said no problem give us a ring if we can be of any help. 7 months later get a call, he has gone back to a regular job and quit WC. So she asked us to start up again, we said yes. We Repriced the house at exactly £20 this time. And i suggested every over month. She has never been so happy with the service. Tea,tips the lots!

She hardly notices the time difference as wfp does make window stay cleaner longer.

I live next to the A1 and i deffo have to clean em less due to WFP.

Money is Money, Pride is Pride. Just make sure you balance the two up!

9. armagh27

armagh27 Well-Known Member

Your right pi..ed me right off but the to blokes that have just start around my way dont need the money as theyve just both retired from great jobs with pensions so there just doing it to get out there houses

10. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I wouldn't do them again even if I was getting double, next guy that's comes knocking for a cheaper price again, same thing will happen again..

But business is business and if you have highish prices you leave room for someone to undercut.. I wouldn't do it around domestic work. Wouldn't mind doing it on large commercial work..

Advertisement