Window Cleaning Customers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Damien Alan Bastow, Jul 23, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. hi everyone .just wanted to askhows the best way to get into the commercial side of window cleaning.ive been doing residential for a year now and am making 1200 a month but want to go into the other side too,any help wld be grate ,

Advertisement
  2. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Hire Catherine on here to get you the work .

3. OoO

OoO Guest

Call commercial customers.

Hire Catherine on here todo it.

4. HotWash Window Cleaners

5. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

networking events work well,

Catherine is good on here, but only if she doesn't already deal with one cleaner in the town you are. which I find strange really, a canvasser that only deals with one person from a town!

6. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Thanks for the recommendations folks, its county wise really RC and how far people are prepared to travel, so I could have people in the same county as long as neither of them cross over, or if one is purely cleaning and the other is window cleaning

7. Neil

Neil Grand Master

I was hoping Catherine could give me some info on what she charges but she couldn't as someone else in my area has already hired her :( looks like I will have to ask my canvasser to get me some commercial work if he will

8. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

but that really narrows your business down, that's a bit like me saying I will only clean windows if there isn't another window cleaner in the 5 mile radius of you. the guys that you have in the area might not be good enough for some companies so they would turn them down, while the other window cleaner that wants to use you in that are might be spot on for the company,

9. Catherine

Catherine Guest

Folks here is the situation, I call Oaks nursing home for example on behalf of X window cleaning and they say no were happy, I then pitch again on behalf of Z window cleaning and they say no again, so twice I pitch for the same work, knowing that the prospect is currently happy with their provider - Im thinking of a new policy, any new people I take on have to make 50 calls themselves to know how tough it is out there :) I cant offer the same service for several companies in the same area. Ive been in sales for 23 years doing this job, and I always feel that I need the customer to do some calls themselves to see how it is out there

10. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

its not about calling the same company for 20 different cleaners,

charge joe blogs for finding 10 leads, then if simon blogs wants you to work for him then charge him for say 10 leads, and so on

you wont deal with me because you already have a contact in my area.

don't mean this next bit in a bad way or anything,

if that guy has a bad rep in the area and everyone says no to him, or if that guy is only trad or doesn't have the equipment or maybe training to match the jobs criteria, then its no good at all.

there is plenty of commercial business out there in my town for you to cover several window cleaners,

other canvassers companies will say we wil get you x amount of work for that cost, then still work for other cleaners in the area.

Advertisement