Window cleaning etiquette

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by adamangler, Jun 17, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Got pulled up earlier by a customer for not knocking on the door before cleaning, now when i first start doing a new custie i tend to knock the first time to introduce myself, but after that whether they are in or out i just do it and post a note, or if they pay cash knock after.

Only time i knock before is if i know they have a dog or a locked gate.

Just wondered what you guys do?

i always remember as a kid the ladder monkeys just slapping the ladders up and appearing at windows at random, since the intervention of wfp has the ettiquette changed?

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Yes and no.

3. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

I always knock unless its a customer I know won't be there due to car missing/usually at work etc.

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

no & yes :laugh:

5. Jacob

Jacob Guest

Had run into those customers. I thought about it and if it was myself wanting a windowcleaner i would like them to knock before cleaning. So now i knock before i start and might take a little more time but again one hour a day more or less i dont care.

Bonus is i hand them the invoice so they cant say it got out with the trash emtying the mailbox. And some even pay before i start

6. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

I started off knocking first then stopped doing it as i thought i was doing it wrong. Seems im now doing it wrong

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If they have agreed for a regular service then it don't really matter as long as you get paid each time.

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I knock unless i know they are out just due to the fact i have caught people walkkng into bedrooms after a shower etc in the past
    But if it was a pole jobbie i don't see the need to knock
    I tend to clean the recessed doors etc that i can't drip on to then knock while doing the front door so i am already working and not getting turned away

9. Dunner

Dunner Member

We knock because we have caught people in underwear down stairs
    but also a habit from when we used ladders.

As above though, try and get paid or hand a ticket over so you are doing something.

And a good time to get the cuppa T tea sorted.

10. TolishAPurd

I just crack on. But I make sure I rattle my ladder, and I usually tap the rubber pad of my pointer on the glass before going up. :)

Advertisement