Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Outta commission !!

David K

then last Thursday I had an appointment with a customer for an inside clean. Actually it was scheduled to Tuesday but the customer asked to wait till she got better . Was kinda worried but did it anyway since I would only be back 14 days later. Then Monday night just before me and my brother was about to go to the shooting range, I Started feeling really bad:confused: . Now outta commission ! for lousy 45 pounds ....

Morale : if your custys ill , DONT go inside !!! :doh:

I'm having a day or two off due to a lousey cold and painfull sore throat. First and hopefully the last days I'll need to take off sick. Seems everyone's got a bug at the moment.

Was a 1 Hour job trad so i guess its okay , IF ilness not included .o_O

I'm having a day or two off due to a lousey cold and painfull sore throat. First and hopefully the last days I'll need to take off sick. Seems everyone's got a bug at the moment.
Its flu season mate ! Or Colds ! Hate to miss the gym though , im insured so i get some money anyway :thumbsup:

I think I've mentioned it in another thread but, a big alcohol gel dispenser is essential on this job. Get a biggun like a normal hand soap dispenser, and keep it in one of your cup holders. Use it everytime you shake a cuties hand, and just before lunch and you are sorted. I never leave it to chance anymore.

I think I've mentioned it in another thread but, a big alcohol gel dispenser is essential on this job. Get a biggun like a normal hand soap dispenser, and keep it in one of your cup holders. Use it everytime you shake a cuties hand, and just before lunch and you are sorted. I never leave it to chance anymore.
That's a great advice ! Definitely gonna do that first thing :thumbsup:

Ask @daveyboy1 what i have in the van lol! I bet me and you would get on well mate. Same wave length and all that.

As for being ill. 2 years ago i had the norovirus and still worked. I felt really bad after i had finished the day as i thought about all the slips i posted with germs on lol. Highlight was reeling in my hose on the floor and threw up all over it. Good job it wasn't my electric one. Would have got splattered with it lol.

Ask @daveyboy1 what i have in the van lol! I bet me and you would get on well mate. Same wave length and all that.
As for being ill. 2 years ago i had the norovirus and still worked. I felt really bad after i had finished the day as i thought about all the slips i posted with germs on lol. Highlight was reeling in my hose on the floor and threw up all over it. Good job it wasn't my electric one. Would have got splattered with it lol.
That's what spurred me to do it mate. Past two years I have had a bout of puking. And the amount of people off work Ill that cough into the change they are counting out for you.:sick:

I use the Jangro stuff, the fumes are enough to get you high.

I had the norovirus for 2 weeks about 3/4 years ago.

By about the 10th day I was crying and asked to be knocked out. My ribs were so so painful and my teeth hurt from all the acid from stomach. Not good at all.

I know none of you will take this advice but I will throw it out there, if you want to be better quick, stop popping that cheap chemical **** of the shelf and go get some garlic, one large clove and SUCK on it for 3 or 4 hours. Tastes like ****, tomorrow you will stink like a cheap Itallian waiter but in just 2 days you will be fighting fit!.

This was something I learned from my grandfather, never missed a day due to a cold or flu, he was more extreme though he would have a clove after lunch 2 or 3 times a week. Me.... I just use it when I fell the start of a sore throat or stuffy nose coming on.

Garlic is powerful stuff. Lemons are another one. The moment I feel a bad cold or sore throat coming on I squeeze a whole lemon into a pint of water, add a pinch of pepper (you'll barely taste it) and chug it down. It has a flushing effect on the body and you'll need a **** almost straight away. Also I eat a tonne of fruit. Often I wake up the next day and it is gone. Vitamin c pills and the like have nothing like the same effect.

I've got a cold ATM, I felt really achy yesterday but that's gone and now I'm coughing :turd: up. If I get a bad cold I go to bed early and wear a few layers and sweat the bugger out.

Back