Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Preparations for winter

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've got some sealskinz gloves very similar to those monsiour taytay, and rest assured the youngstown are nothing like that, they are designed to be dextrous.

Yep those exact ones matey. Had them about 4/5 years now and used them hard for chopping firewood, building shelter, and general hiking in the lake district grabbing on to rocks and stuf. They are still as good as the day I bought them.

yep sorry lads ...summers is coming back..:Dget the shorts out.....
Haven't put mine away yet cnc , think it's my amazing legs attracting all this new custom /emoticons/smile.png

Yep those exact ones matey. Had them about 4/5 years now and used them hard for chopping firewood, building shelter, and general hiking in the lake district grabbing on to rocks and stuf. They are still as good as the day I bought them.
Added to my winter shopping list

I don't need gloves or extra layers

As long as my feet are warm and dry i feel ok

Gotta sort some boots and i will be fine

I go out in a t shirt in winter, cold doesn't bother me at all to be honest, don't really notice it?

I am worried about my pure freezing though /emoticons/smile.png

I used the gloves trawler men use in the north Sea and they were not too bad. Cost around £15.

Do the youngstown gloves really keep your hands warm or do they still feel cold but bearable??

I wear these on my feet. They regulate the temperature of your feet from -5 to 29c.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000WG46W0?pc_redir=1412851289&robot_redir=1

Superb bit of kit. And I wear normal trainer socks in them.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Do the youngstown gloves really keep your hands warm or do they still feel cold but bearable??
They are nice and warm, but not like a giant set of ski gloves. One of my most memorable wild camping trips was in half a foot of snow in the middle of january and these were just the job as they let me do all the camping chores even in the ice and snow. I've never had wet hands in them, but thats not to say I recommend using them to stir the suds in your bucket. They are just a good general work gloves, and I reckon they are better then Mechanix gloves (I have both), which I think are the market leader. I would buy another pairwhen mine go but they are solid so I don't think it will be any time soon.

yeh had to take all the extra layers off today as it got too warm...and heading warmer...wheres me shorts.../emoticons/biggrin.png

you have to carry an awful awful lot of stuff to be a windy....

I go out in a t shirt in winter, cold doesn't bother me at all to be honest, don't really notice it?
I am worried about my pure freezing though /emoticons/smile.png
Lucky I still work from my estate car with a very good heater /emoticons/smile.png my pure will be boiling

i must get in a few litres of antifreeze , ready to add to my bucket. what i really want/wanted was that methanol antifreeze that you used to be able to buy but i bleve its now banned . it was less "oily" than the blue stuff.

however needs must so i will make do with the blue bucket additive for when it goes sub zero

What you need a flask for?? Surely you get offered at least 10 cups of tea a day from your customers?! Last thing I'd want is ANOTHER one!!

Latest Posts

Back