Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Builders Clean - 4 x 3 bed Semi detached houses

£60 - £80 a house depending on the state of them.

Spend about 40 - 60 mins a house.

I have a little trade secret to make life easier on builders cleans.

A good squirt of fairy liquid on some fine grade wire wool ( must be 0000 grade ) and soak it with water. Use this instead of your pad to scrub the glass and the glue, paint and plaster all come straight off.

Don't use it on the frames though and make sure it's the 0000 grade.

I've never done builders cleans but there is quite a lot of new stuff going up round here and I'm going to make an approach to try to win a bit. I did have a customer have a new roof and the roofers managed to get loads of cement on the windows.

Got a question, why does the direction of scraping matter? I can't see how scraping left to right or top to bottom or even diaganolly would make any difference.

Direction doesn't matter so long as you go the same way all the time otherwise you risk scratching the glass, never hold it on and go back and forth go one way on a wet window lift and do it again.

There's an ongoing lawsuit near me. Local windie scratched (allegedly, but he did as we all saw him) £30,000 of windows on a new house we put up. We've since had to change all the windows at a cost exceeding this with labour for my mate, the contractor. Windie wasn't insured and denies responsibility.

I'm paranoid about going anywhere new windows now!

Back