Window cleaning franchise

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by johnnyt, Jun 10, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. johnnyt

johnnyt Member

Hi All,

Looking at setting up as a windy and have been looking at this offer.What do you seasoned punters think?

Posted on 07/06/12
    Region:
    South East England
    Type: Domestic
    Monthly Avg Value : £4,400
    Established For: 5+ years
    Comments: We operate several rounds in Kent and Sussex, which turnover 4K-4.5K per 4 weekly period. Earning potential after costs paid £500-£700 per week. Rounds are currently being serviced and ready to be taken over on a franchise basis. Customer payments made by Direct Debit, card and online (no cash). Domestic customers only, full customer contact details available. Full training / induction is provided if required. A great long term investment.​
    Asking Price : £16,000
    Contact Details : James Vincent - 01622842727 - [Send Email]

Advertisement
  2. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

£16k is alot of money to throw out, also will you need to set yourself up with van/equipment? and what exactly does a franchise basis mean?

If you have £16k sitting about you could pay a canvasser, for 1/2 the price.

3. harunh

harunh Legend

Build your own business up so you own it.... dont buy from anyone... with £16,000 you could spend less then half of that and build up a decent business with a nice fancy van and decent equipment etc , and then get loads of flyers,cards printed and knock on a load of doors and you will see results :)

4. Posh

Posh Hero

Expensive. Listen to what Belfast & big h said. Makes sense.

5. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

That doesn’t sound like a franchise, but I’m sure you must have more information that you haven’t posted here about it.

Not every one will make going self employed as a window cleaner work, so going down the franchise route will work for some.

I recently helped someone local set up (in a small way) they worked with another window cleaner first, learned a few things, then went and did it themselves, Brought a trolley from me a few months ago - they just purchased an Aerial brush from me last Friday, turned up with a van & wfp system and now employs, they hit £650 a day, even then I had to advise him on his pricing (just making common mistakes new people make, but needs to be nipped in the bud at this stage)

Not everyone can do what he has, doubly so, in just a few months. I also know he has invested a similar amount of money you mention for the franchise, with the purchase of a round, equipment and van etc.

I would take look at all possible franchises and compare and weigh up the advantages as well as compare it to doing it yourself, before you make the decision.

Richard

6. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

To be honest I would not entertain buying a window cleaning franchise the idea is bonkers absolute bonkers if you ask me .

keep ya money and build your own round up . if you need to be making money from day one the other way is to just buy a round
    or a couple of rounds and hit the road running .

Myself and big H are two people here from many who have started up from scratch recently and we are proof that you can build your own round up
    and earn from day one .
    Fair enough you may not be making 4k a month from day one but it takes time .

7. laddergarder

For 16k I would want the full round, end off, no franchising fees or anything like that, I wouldn't touch anything like that for window cleaning. Its different is its a nationally franchise with loads of tv adds etc, that is going to generate you allot of business. But I dont know of any like that in the window cleaning industry.

My personal gut reaction, is that you would be getting ripped off. If he was just selling the round for 16k, bearing in mine it is maintained and he has been established for over 5 years, I would be interested if I was in your shoes and had the cash, but if the guy is wanting franchising fees on top of that, I would run a mile.

Stay clear mate, keep your money, until a bit more honest opportunity comes along, and in the mean time get out and start canvassing.

8. harunh

harunh Legend

To be honest.... if i was spending 16k... i wouldnt only want a full round ! i would want a nice van with a decent system in it & 2 high class poles in the van aswell ! LOL

You cant buy someone elses work.... 30% of the jobs you will probably lose.... so why pay so much ?

Gav.b is right.... start from scratch mate like me and him.

I suggest u go your own way mate get your own van sign it up get your own system and everything make it your own business, choose your own business name mate..... dont buy some one elses work.... when you are big... you can say to people i built this business !.... and thats when people start respecting you.... you will have a good business behind your back :D

All thsi can be done with less then half of 16k !

And put a few grand aside to live on for 2,3 months while your round picks up.......

Now thats a great idea.... and trust me you will not regret making this move mate :)

9. Masons

Masons Guru

Johnnny T i need your log in for that site!!

10. Masons

Masons Guru

Johnny theres a bloke on that site selling some window cleaning gear for £700, can you get me his details please, please please please!!!

Advertisement