Window Cleaning Franchise

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Mikey1985, Apr 18, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Mikey1985

Mikey1985 Newcomer

Hi. I'm 28 years old and looking at buying into a window cleaning franchise. Been in the game for 12 years so I know what I'm doing with regards to the job but was wondering if anyone has any information about franchises as I am researching at the moment. I've got the money for the initial outlay but obviously I know that nothing is risk free like they try telling you. Any information or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Michael

Advertisement
  2. Window Cleaner

Window Cleaner Active Member

hi mate, to be honest i would steer well clear of franchising, if youve got the money like you say then i personally i would go and buy a good reliable van get it kitted out with a decent system if your going down the wfp route, get the van sign writ etc then go out knocking doors dropping leaflets as much as i can and the work will soon come, if your worried that you cant get the work then theres people on here whizzbizz and pdale that canvass for you and there plenty of window cleaners on here that are more thank happy to help if you ever get stuck or theres something your unsure about, but id 100% stay away from franchising i dont see the sense in paying a substantial amount upfront, and then giving someone else a percentage of what your earning for nothing, on the other hand if your in the midlands and looking for a franchise then i heard midlands cleaners is a good choice ha ha

3. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

You've been in the game 12 years? Is that employed or your own business?

A franchise I wouldn't expect to be cheap. If you have the cash, I think your money would be better spent on your own van, system, and work.. Wether it be buying a round or hiring a canvasser..

4. Mikey1985

Mikey1985 Newcomer

Thanks for the replies. I have worked for other people the whole 12 years and decided its time to start lining my pockets instead of the bosses. I suppose I just don't really want the hassle of having to go out canvassing all the time and starting from scratch. Obviously I know that canvassing is the way to get work but there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day. I'm just unsure what route to go down at the moment.

5. mark m

mark m Hero

Maybe it is time to think about getting a canverser like whizz bizz and let him do the work if you have not got the time

6. adyspurs

adyspurs Guru

I was in exactly the same position as you 5 years having made 100s of thousands for other people over 10 years and thought about going down this route.I'd stay well clear and take note of above posts.
    First year is hard but knuckle down and you will get there.

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Why a window cleaning franchise? they are not going to give you loads of work you know....

8. harunh

harunh Legend

Build your own round if u dont wanna canvass then drop business cards or leaflets :)

9. Mikey1985

Mikey1985 Newcomer

10. Mikey1985

Mikey1985 Newcomer

This is why I'm asking advice off everyone because I'm unsure what you get from a franchise. Alot of them say they guarantee you earn what you want but obviously I'm skeptical.

Advertisement