Window cleaning licence???scotland

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by neil fearnley, Jan 17, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. neil fearnley

neil fearnley Member

Hi
    Just after advice,was just reading about arrests made locally to me of window cleaners operating without a licence(had never heard of window cleaning licence)
    I don't actually do windows just guttering and fascia boards
    Do I need a licence for this?Im Going to start doing Connie roofs in the next couple of months but have no I intention of doing windows tbh
    Anyone know the score?

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Do you carry/use ladders?

3. neil fearnley

neil fearnley Member

No VAC and wfp
    I was going to get steps and a hop up for Connie roofs

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Sounds a bit of a grey area to me as surely you wash down the windows afterwards or at least use trad/rag them down?

Same goes with conservatory cleaning as what are you going to say if you get asked to clean the windows or glass roof "sorry I can't as I've not got a lic to clean them"

If it was me I would contact your local Scottish council to confirm if you need a lic or not but as window cleaning is part of my job I would have to bite the bullet and get one.

I personally think it’s ridiculous as they only brought it in to cut down on house burglaries and scams so anyone walking about with a ladder they think is a scumbag up to no good.

5. gray4

gray4 Member

U would be better off getting one as they normally work out about £40 a year saying that
    Sum houses i do u need a licence and sum u don't its crazy

6. neil fearnley

neil fearnley Member

Thanks for the advice guys
    Will phone them tomorrow and see what's what
    Might end up doing windows afterall

7. seye

seye Forum Addict

Neil what council area are you, if you don't clean windows you will not need a window cleaning licence. I have 2 licences because I work in 2 different council areas about £140 for 3 years per licence. But you are not cleaning windows.

8. neil fearnley

neil fearnley Member

Fife
    Don't do windows but will have to rinse down now and then if using chems on guttering

9. seye

seye Forum Addict

Lots of trades involve cleaning a window after a job has been completed so really don't think you have to worry but good that you are conscientious enough to find out find out..

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Advertisement