Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp Guys Tradding

WCF

Help Support WCF:

To be honest I have never gone out of my way to gain shop fronts myself but like you say must be a very good earner for that guy to have been doing it for so long.

No money as far as I can see. I did a few last years for a tenner a week. In theory they should take minutes but they are on busy roads so they get filthy very quickly. Also shopkeepers like to talk so you spend ages in each shop, you generally have to pay for car parking etc etc.

The guys that make the money walk from one to the next all day.

This person I talked about above charges £3 to £4 for a front (in and out) and does them twice a week. So to make £200 a day thats 50 shops assuming you get £4 and thats is a lot of shops.

I am sure there will be a few on this sight that make a really good living out of it

To be honest I have never gone out of my way to gain shop fronts myself but like you say must be a very good earner for that guy to have been doing it for so long.
Smurf
I have asked you a question on another thread about bleeding air. Its too long winded to go through so could you take a look?

Ta

i do shop fronts /emoticons/smile.png i clean alltheir signage as standard

i also clean some shop shutters aswell cos they get very dirty

i charge like 6/7 quid for a shopfront which takes liek 15 mins

ive never bothered coz most want them done before trade times start so its before 8 in most shops. world of water wanted me to quote them and i said 90 quid a month coz theres so much glass and they said no way, most they will pay is 15. i walked away

i do shop fronts /emoticons/smile.png i clean alltheir signage as standard
i also clean some shop shutters aswell cos they get very dirty

i charge like 6/7 quid for a shopfront which takes liek 15 mins
So H around £24 - £27 an hour which isnt bad but do you have to stop a lot to talk to the shopkeepers. move things out of your way etc.
I sippose if you can get a decent enough bit of work it makes a nice change from houses

I give up I really do.i ladder and wfp but im telling for the last time learn to use a squeegee ot give up.

Why do people seem to have such trouble using a squeegee? Like.. it isn't hard? I'm not trying to sound superior or like a numpty but I kinda feel like saying you want to be a windy and not use a squeegee is like saying you want to be a train driver but you don't want to drive trains... Or something. I mean, guys, that's the job!

We are slowly moving away from all trad work now.

You can earn safer and easier money with wfp

This forum has opened my eyes.

Fair enough if new to window cleaning and need advice but at least learn the basic ........USE A SQUEEGEE!!!!!!

To be honest squeegeeing is easy. Before people jump on me I don't mean fanning. That does take a while to learn. But normal side to side or top to bottom honestly don't take that long and that's how I started.

This forum has opened my eyes.Fair enough if new to window cleaning and need advice but at least learn the basic ........USE A SQUEEGEE!!!!!!
Here here, +1, ^^this etc. I actually resent the blokes I see round my way in their swanky vans with all their state of the art gear that have been going just a couple of years. They wouldn't know what trad even meant.

Here here, +1, ^^this etc. I actually resent the blokes I see round my way in their swanky vans with all their state of the art gear that have been going just a couple of years. They wouldn't know what trad even meant.
At last someone talking sense,I've been fanning with squeegee many years and also wfp.

They always get caught out mate,I've seen it happen.

At last someone talking sense,I've been fanning with squeegee many years and also wfp.They always get caught out mate,I've seen it happen.
Ooh, can you clean the insides too? Err, no I don't' know how to. That does my lemon in. Let's all go car washing and call ourselves valeters!

You guys who clean traditionally that feel the pure WFP guys who can't should learn how to do it but why?

They dont need to.

Their version of window cleaning does not have to use a squeedge so why learn how to do it.

WFP is still proper window cleaning but is just a diffferent way.

WFP is progression insomuch as it is safer and most probably quicker but there will always be room for both so you should be thankful that there are a lot of people out there who cannot clean traditionally as this means there is more work for you.

You can be a window cleaner and not use a squeedgee, just not a traditional window cleaner

Back