Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp Guys Tradding

Essex boy you must learn how to be a trad pro ASAP. Otherwise you will be bankrupt in a month /emoticons/wink.png

I think your mad, the country is in economic chaos, people are crying out for jobs and your thinking I can't be bothered to get the ladders off the van for £24

there are some jobs where you cant use wfp tho, like say wooden rotten frames or metal frames. no matter what i do on these windows i get spotting then complaints. i tell them its there frames and when it rains the dirt and much seeps out and runs down there windows. so i gotta start traddin them and i will put the price up, not sure they will have that tho.

Essex boy you must learn how to be a trad pro ASAP. Otherwise you will be bankrupt in a month /emoticons/wink.png
I'm fine. I have been going quite a while and have more work than I can do in a month so iI am always slightly behind. All my work is WFP as I gave the rest to another window cleaner who's traditional and he gives me his WFP.
In fact I pick up so much work that I am always selling bits off to make my round as compact but profitable as possible.

I canvass all of the time, probably 6 hours every week for the past 2 Years. I have a small flyer made of thick card in colour and actually quote every house as the leaflet has a space to do that and it works well.

My return rate is around 8% which I think is pretty good

I can do traditional just choose not to.

If you can build up a good profitable wfp window cleaning round then why not indeed.

Most wfp window cleaners can trad anyway that moved over to wfp window cleaning so have the option to take on trad work or not.

For all those trad guys still using ladders then all I can say you have to move with the times unless for some strange reason you like risking your neck everyday just to earn a few quid.

Ive put a wfp window cleaner out of business,not intentionally just his customers have come to me over last 5 years and get more per house.

Now I also wfp but some people just won't have it.

he ain't happy with me but did warn him several times.squeegee isn't old school but you can't just wfp,if you do give up please.

How can you say to someone "do give up please" what are you like /emoticons/biggrin.png

Just when I thought I was escaping trad work I land another pub lol.

I like doing pubs though. Easy, regular, safe work /emoticons/biggrin.png

Pubs ain't bad since the smoking ban. I pick up another take away last month and trad that even do the glass counter/display unit. Greasy fingers marks everywhere.

So H around £24 - £27 an hour which isnt bad but do you have to stop a lot to talk to the shopkeepers. move things out of your way etc.
I sippose if you can get a decent enough bit of work it makes a nice change from houses
Yeah like 20p machines takes me a few seconds plus some shops have posters on them so i just miss that part out

I got 1 shop were half the windows are cracked and they put posters on to cover it up

I dont touch cracked glass

Also i always chat to shopkeepers but it wastes a lot of tym lol

Benfleet - a real tip. I was originally from round mile end but moved out a long time ago.
I know benfleet fella,no worries though well out my way.lot of my clients bank with Coutts so that tells you the type of people I deal with not custys as some people describe them.

Back