Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I Had A Head On Collision Today :-(

WCF

Help Support WCF:

laddergarder

Thankfully no one was hurt, and the damage was minor considering, the body shop quoted £200 to fix the dent in my bonnet which was the result of the crash. Which the woman agreed to pay as she was at fault.

Basically she failed to give way to oncoming tragic, and indicate I should add, and decided to cross over oncoming traffic to make her turn, oblivious to me travelling towards her at 30 miles per hour. I slammed on my brakes on as she pulled into my path without notice, but there was no preventing it, I skidded towards her, and a second later, smash.

I could have sworn my vans was a right off when I heard to smash of the two motors. I have imagined what I would do if this happened, not really being able to afford to just go out and buy a new one, and depending on it for my lively hood. I don't know how I escaped with only a melon sized dent on my bonnet, or how my bumped remained undamaged.

I can only assume the bumper flexed on impact, and I was able to slow it down enough, to keep the damage to a minimum. Just not time enough to stop. But still a fortunate escape, considering how much worse it could have been.

Glad it was only minor damage, you are ok and the van is still drivable...

Must have been a hell of a shock?

Hope you're ok mate. I've had a few close calls myself. People are always in a rush on the roads and totally unaware that vans & lorries carrying weight cannot just go the same speed as them. And unless those drivers have experienced driving anything other than a car they really don't have a clue!!! I have replacement vehicle cover. For a mere £60 per year if my vehicle is in a RTA and not useable I get a direct replacement vehicle complete with an Ionics WFP system within 24hrs so I can keep working /emoticons/smile.png

I am glad your alright matey, I hate it when people don't indicate or have headlights that arn't working, really grinds me up!

People that don't drive properly too! grrrr(driving 25/30 in a 40) etc etc..

Know how you feel!

I was driving round a roundabout, well, like a figure of a 8 near wollaton/basford, and skiddered when I was cornering!

The wet roads don't help, if it was dry you may never have had ahead on collision!

small dent, although i can see some tell tale signs on the bumper from where its flexed.

The main thing is your ok.... i work for an insurance company during my main job atm so if you need advice or whatever just give me a shout.

i am not a fan of the PI/whiplash culture.....but in this job you MUST get checked out asap, and the slightest soreness (i mean slightest) and you get your self refered to physio asap, as otherwsie you could be out of work as believe me its painfull (i was hit by a docotor when i used to cycle to work) and only in the last couplde of months have i thought id be ok commuting 20-miles a day on a road bike.

anyway glad all is well......ps if the claim is not your fault (clearly not your fault in this case) then you can always get a replacement like for like hire vehicle from a hire car company who charge the other persons insurance direct /emoticons/smile.png

hey mate good job its nothing major

that dent u can get fixed for as little as 40 quid mate dont go to a body shop they just charge to much and they mess with your paintwork etc

go to a mobile dent removal service /emoticons/smile.png they drive around in cars and remove dings and dents etc and u phone them they cum 2 c u then remove your dent within 20 minutes.... and its professional and your car looks normal again they just use a few tools with technique mate /emoticons/smile.png

when people have dents they always go to the bodyshop and pay loads... but these small dent removal cars going around are the next big thing /emoticons/smile.png get in your local area and search for mobile dent removal... go on google.. and search paintless dent removal and find 1 of them in your area /emoticons/smile.png

To be honest, I wouldn't be happy with someone just popping it out, it think its too big for that anyway, but at least with the body shop, I know it will be as new. The conditions were bone dry, it was just not enough time to react, but I am thankful its just a dent. No I wouldn't claim for whip lash etc, to honest, but mainly couldn't be bothered, and wouldn't want the stress and worry of getting caught making a false claim.

Ladder- I have made a whiplash claim, but a genuine one. And it's nice to hear for once someone not wanting to claim for a false Injury /emoticons/smile.png

But seriously even if you fell the tiniest twinge, get it checked out, I'm not saying claim, just go to the docs and get referred for physio if you need...just don't delay it like I did or you end up in agony for nearly a year /emoticons/sad.png

Back