Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hose Less Pole Connecter

WCF

Help Support WCF:

there a brilliant bit of kit,it will make your working day faster,no tangles & hose everywhere.also nice dry van!!

there a brilliant bit of kit,it will make your working day faster,no tangles & hose everywhere.also nice dry van!!

Those kits are completely overpriced considering what you actually need to do this to your pole hose :thumbs: .

Steve at Exceed and WCW have produced an expensive version of what a lot of DIY guys have been doing for years :thumbs:.

you get what you pay for in life,ive also tried the diy method but its not as fast and as efficient.this conversion would pay for its self in a couple of house cleans

I made my own kit using the pushfit pipe insert most people use and works a treat, I decided to by one of these kits for the sleeve for the rectus if nothing else as I wore down the female rectus every 4-5 months dragging it around on floor as I reel hose in however I ended up taking the sleeve back off as I couldn't get on with it and rather just fit a new rectus every few months personally!!

My advice would be make your own and after a bit of messing to make everything fit well it works a treat, doesn't save me much if any time though but I just prefer having a hoseless pole!

you get what you pay for in life,ive also tried the diy method but its not as fast and as efficient.this conversion would pay for its self in a couple of house cleans

Rubbish......people convince themselves that because they've paid 'X' amount for this (and many other products which you could make yourself), they think it must be better than a DIY version......total :BS:

....and as for 'not as fast and as efficient'...........:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:......your connecting two hoses together :rolleyes:....

..and as for 'paying for itself in a couple of house cleans'.......if you think about it, it can be done for FREE.....or at most....the price of a cup of tea :thumbs:.

Rubbish......people convince themselves that because they've paid 'X' amount for this (and many other products which you could make yourself), they think it must be better than a DIY version......total :BS:
....and as for 'not as fast and as efficient'...........:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:......your connecting two hoses together :rolleyes:....

..and as for 'paying for itself in a couple of house cleans'.......if you think about it, it can be done for FREE.....or at most....the price of a cup of tea :thumbs:.
Anyone got any pics of DIY versions?

you are entitled to your opinion & so am I!!!(replying to a thread which has been posted)I am more than happy with the exceed conversion on my poles & prepared to pay for it;),if your happy with the diy route & do it for the price of a cup of tea,good luck to you.maybe you could post some pics?:thumbsup:

1. Buy a pack of John Guest 22mm pipe inserts from B&Q - about £3 for 5 - Photo1

2. Slide out the No.1 section from a Gardiner (or most other brand poles) pole

3. Wrap tape around the stem of this fitting until it is a tight fit in the base of section 1 - Photo2 and 3

4. Slide a length of pole hose (either PU or PVC) through section 1 and exit through the new fitting at the base

5. Fit a Rectus male fitting to the base of the pole hose, ensuring that the clip is as close to the male fitting as possible - Photo 4 - Then push this tightly into the John Guest fitting as shown

6. At the top end of section 1 fit whichever gooseneck you want to use and then pull the pole hose as tight as possible out of the top of the gooseneck

7. Holding the pole hose tightly just above the gooseneck to stop it pulling back in, cut the pole hose above where you are holding it and push-fit on an 8mm-8mm straight connector with red locking clip already fitted to the pole hose

8. Let go of the pole hose and it will pull the 8mm-8mm fitting tight back against the gooseneck opening- Photo 5

9. Slide the No.1 section back down into the pole

10. Connect your brush to the gooseneck and then connect the Brush T to the gooseneck connector with a short length of hose - Photo 6

11. Remove the end cap from your pole and cut out a much larger hole with a sharp knife. There needs to be enough of a lip for the cap to stay in position on the base - Photo7 & 8

12. In use, connect the female coupling of the hose pack to the base of the pole, extend and use the pole - photo 9 & 9.1

13. When finished with the pole disconnect the female coupling by pulling back the collar and put the pole away

14. The complete kit of parts needed (most you should have already) - photo attached

This will take about 10 minutes at most to do.

Attachments_2016117.zip

i was passed this guide on from somebody else, the only things ive changed over time is i use gardiner red thermobore pole hose as its thicker and more stiffer, and secondly where the male rectus fits into the john guest fitting, it was abit loose and wobbly so i slid a 1-2cm cut off piece of 8mm reel hose over the pole house and superglued it into the john guest fitting and now its solid,no movement when pushing the female rectus onto the base of the pole!!

never had to touch it again,works a treat.

whats this buy stuff ?????

simply cut your tail down to 2inc sticking out of the bottom , put a male ez fitting on the end with a o clip

widen end cap with a drill to make hole bigger and it done no cost , 5 minutes work and your ready to go

whats this buy stuff ?????
simply cut your tail down to 2inc sticking out of the bottom , put a male ez fitting on the end with a o clip

widen end cap with a drill to make hole bigger and it done no cost , 5 minutes work and your ready to go
thats a much easier idea but i prefer this way myself as i dont need a tap in the line when i disconnect the hose from the pole,the female rectus fitting has a water stop inside.

1. Buy a pack of John Guest 22mm pipe inserts from B&Q - about £3 for 5 - Photo12. Slide out the No.1 section from a Gardiner (or most other brand poles) pole

3. Wrap tape around the stem of this fitting until it is a tight fit in the base of section 1 - Photo2 and 3

4. Slide a length of pole hose (either PU or PVC) through section 1 and exit through the new fitting at the base

5. Fit a Rectus male fitting to the base of the pole hose, ensuring that the clip is as close to the male fitting as possible - Photo 4 - Then push this tightly into the John Guest fitting as shown

6. At the top end of section 1 fit whichever gooseneck you want to use and then pull the pole hose as tight as possible out of the top of the gooseneck

7. Holding the pole hose tightly just above the gooseneck to stop it pulling back in, cut the pole hose above where you are holding it and push-fit on an 8mm-8mm straight connector with red locking clip already fitted to the pole hose

8. Let go of the pole hose and it will pull the 8mm-8mm fitting tight back against the gooseneck opening- Photo 5

9. Slide the No.1 section back down into the pole

10. Connect your brush to the gooseneck and then connect the Brush T to the gooseneck connector with a short length of hose - Photo 6

11. Remove the end cap from your pole and cut out a much larger hole with a sharp knife. There needs to be enough of a lip for the cap to stay in position on the base - Photo7 & 8

12. In use, connect the female coupling of the hose pack to the base of the pole, extend and use the pole - photo 9 & 9.1

13. When finished with the pole disconnect the female coupling by pulling back the collar and put the pole away

14. The complete kit of parts needed (most you should have already) - photo attached

This will take about 10 minutes at most to do.
Can't open the attachments

thats a much easier idea but i prefer this way myself as i dont need a tap in the line when i disconnect the hose from the pole,the female rectus fitting has a water stop inside.
I don't have a tap in line and theres a female rectus on the end of the reel hose how else would you join them ?? lol

View attachment 6187

I don't have a tap in line and theres a female rectus on the end of the reel hose how else would you join them ?? lol
Lol I join them like this picture with jubilee clamps, one of the advantages of doing it like this is you got the rectus tooked up inside the pole and not getting dragged about on the floor!!

Back