Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Yell.com

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Alright Green, just saw your post and thought I would reply as I appreciate your input as a regular lurker on this site.

I have experience with both. The long and short of it is, Thompson don't bother, think I payed them about 800 quid and didn't get one phone call in a year.... seriously, this is non windows related by the way I started a drainage company and had all my money emptied out of my account by family who I had given fair skin in the game. Yell was a different story will be great for commercial work. It acts as sort of a mini website too where you can detail your own profile and reviews can be added too. It's something I want to build up too but a long way to go for me yet. Yell sponsor for listings 1,2 ,3 meaning if you paid for slot three it would be cheaper than slot one because slot one you would appear top of the page and slot three would be cheaper but you would appear third on the page and then everything after that is random. In my experience customers will check out the websites of the first three anyway, so after that it is down to your website/advertisement and the slickest is not always the best seller.

Guybrush.

Hi I am using yell and must say its one of the better things ive done. I have 3 areas and only pay 28£ a month I'm number 3 to 4 on there first page so the same as first page on google which you would have to add another 2. 00s to the above figure I get about 3 to 4 calls a week and am getting 99% of the quoted work.

I nearly had a yell advert, but their really aggressive sales team put me off, they came to the house promising the earth, then when I started questioning a few things ended up sending out their area manager and another sales woman and gave it the really big sell, really, REALLY pushing it, turned me right off, also do some googling, general consensus is waste of time.

Is anyone here paying for Yell.com or Thompson local?
If so please review.
Yes I payed for a heavy weight position for 12 months (currently about 4 months in) which puts me always between number 4 and number 6 on the first page in most of my county. Think I pay something like 35 quid a month direct debit…

Is it worth it?? Hmm bit early to say, however a few of the bigger full house cleans I have done have come from yell and also my latest large commercial that I quoted and put the thread up on last week came from it, I don't get many calls so far but what I have had have mostly been decent jobs and all but the commercial one which is still pending I have got, so it has payed for itself I guess, but time will tell if it gets better. I think gettting a few customers to add reviews on your listing helps, not done it yet myself but need to get round to it.

I've heard too many times yell are pushy. Unless they see the big money sounds like they're not worth it on a smaller budget

I think it's probably worth it if you already have all other bases covered, but I think just about anything else will work better, website is a million times more important.

Back