Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Citroen Berlingo van ports

WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

SR Cleaning

Hi I've got a Berlingo on a 12 plate with a reach and wash in and I'm looking to install van ports.But the back bumper on the van is..well I don't think sturdy enough to take a stainless steel van port and the side (underneath the sliding door) there isn't enough room either to drill and rivet any holes.Plus if I make a mistake it's right next to the fuel tank.My only other option I think is to put one in the side of the van itself but I want to avoid that if possible.Has anyone else any other ideas or had the same problem?

Thanks in advance...Shane

Hey Shane - might not be the answer you wanna hear but maybe just take it down to a decent local mechanic to secure the back bumper, drill the hole and put the van port on using star screws. It depends how bad the back bumper is but really this shouldn't costs masses amounts to get done. I paid £40 for the hole and port to be attached at the back (which is actually probably quite a lot but it's peace of mind that I'm not drilling where I shouldn't be)

Reason why I say all of the above is that is the back bumper is in my experience the best place for it mate.

Hope you get it sorted whichever option you choose.

Hey Shane - might not be the answer you wanna hear but maybe just take it down to a decent local mechanic to secure the back bumper, drill the hole and put the van port on using star screws. It depends how bad the back bumper is but really this shouldn't costs masses amounts to get done. I paid £40 for the hole and port to be attached at the back (which is actually probably quite a lot but it's peace of mind that I'm not drilling where I shouldn't be)
Reason why I say all of the above is that is the back bumper is in my experience the best place for it mate.

Hope you get it sorted whichever option you choose.
Cheers will keep that in mind

Son has a 52 plate Peugeot Partner. We fitted the van port to the rear eye towing bolt.

View attachment 5045

He hasn't used that eye bolt since we fitted this in Sept 2007. If he needs it the bolt can be undone and the hoses pulled up into the van with the van port and refitted afterwards.

Latest Posts

Back