Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window cleaning tank cage

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Leon767

Hi everyone. I'm looking into getting a cage for my tank. I've seen someone who used metal bars that can be cut down to size and then bolted together. So I don't have to weld it. Does anyone have any ideas what it's called?

Thanks 

Hi everyone. I'm looking into getting a cage for my tank. I've seen someone who used metal bars that can be cut down to size and then bolted together. So I don't have to weld it. Does anyone have any ideas what it's called?

Thanks 
Metal bars ? No No No!! 

You need proper frame/cage if you have a wyedale tank then you need one of these https://purefreedom.co.uk/water-tanks-cages/cages.html you will also need it securing with high tensile bolts and spreader plates and fitted by someone who know what they are doing. 

Thanks 
I wouldn't bother wasting time and money on a so called professional build it yourself Heavy gauge unistrut tank cage 

They are twice as heavy as a standard engineered cage. Also unstrut is commonly used for AC and electrical installations not window cleaning tanks and the cast fixing components are not intended for the weight of water 

For any whydale tank there is already a welded ready to bolt in frame available if you search for it 

20220108_094212.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the 350 tank frame

product_3_5_350cage_2.jpg

The base of that frame doesn't look substantial enough? but I'm no structural engineer

This is the 350 tank frame

The base of that frame doesn't look substantial enough? but I'm no structural engineer
That looks like a Pure Freedom cage, their cages are stainless steel crash tested, I have that frame in my van fitted by PF at their unit with a panel on the front with the controller, pump and battery tray mounted on it 

Latest Posts

Back