Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Shurflo pump having no power, new

johnny bravo

Can anyone give me some help to test if my shurflo pump is OK.

iTS NEW BUT BEEN STORED AWAY since May 15. as i didnt get to set it up. as a 2 man setup.

I set everything up the same as my other regular shurflo pump. Controller comes on so its powered up to battery.

Pump shows no power at all.

Anyone had this happen to them. Can i test the pump some way.

Waterflow is coming from water tank, but the pump has no power to suck.

Can anyone help to see if i can get it powered up.

First, check the fuse between the controller and the pump.

You could try and take the pump to your van battery and put the red wire on the positive terminal and the black wire on your negative terminal. It should run. If it does then the pump is ok.

If not, then you could 'take' the pressure switch out of the circuit. Follow the red wire going into the pump back to the connector at the front of the pump. Remove it carefully from the connector and push a bit of stiff wire into the connector and connect the wires up to the battery as before.

If it runs your pressure switch is faulty.

If it doesn't, then you need to contact the supplier and tell him the issue and what you have done to check out the problem.

Opening the pump up will invalidate any warranty.

-

Can only be either the controller or feed from the controller to the pump. Is the fuse not blown? Is the join you've made good?

RED and GREEN light stay on. ill mess about with it on Sat / Sun.

ill connect pump wires up to a battery to see if the pump sucks water. It powered up with bare wires placed on battery terminals.

Who is the chap who works at Springs, doing the controllers on here, ive forgot his name.

Someone mentioned a fuse or pressure switch in the controller may be tempermental

what is the chaps name on here who works at springs making the controllers.

could something in the controller be blocking the power going to the pump

Well ive found out the pump is OK, had it hooked up to an old controller and pump powered up and all is working.

So there must be something in the controller stopping it from powering up the pump.,

ive sent Ian Sheppard a facebook message asking him if i can get the V11 Analogue controller tested.

ill phone Springs up in moprning.

It looks like ian dosent come on here now.

Latest Posts

Back