Window cleaning used to be a simple affair....

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by PTWC, Nov 23, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. PTWC

PTWC Guest

Now its improved with WFP, thats for sure as it gives a safe and convenient option for when its needed.
    But i see more and more companies jumping on the band wagon to fleece the attentive audience with a lot of overcomplicated extreme tech, that in real life is probably not required.
    Its just a hammer to crack a nut mostly.
    Am i skeptical? Yes of course for sure.
    Just want to clean the glass, not perform a medical procedure!

Is this getting all too much?
    Or will we end up requiring an NVQ to clean someones living room window soon?
    Wot dja think?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I take it you have not seens ionics kit before then :D

3. PTWC

PTWC Guest

Oh yes, I've seen it. Thats partly what I'm on about. And also now there is
    Hot water
    Special squeegees; shaped, flipping, slim, fat, under, over,
    And now you must have a special,additive, because all the aforementioned gear is apparently not good enough!

Well I'm all for improvements, i make them myself, but come on and smell the coffee guys!
    Its getting ridiculous now.
    People trying to make money out of the window cleaners, who could be seen as a soft touch.
    It happens in every trade and in every industry.
    The trick is to learn the difference between what is useful, good, required, and when you are simply being taken advantage of.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

Your probably right PTWC, as everything progress with technology ect we may well need a nvq to operate these simple tools, (well maybe not in my working life) but for the next generation coming through..!!!
    But it might not be a bad thing...as was posted by davewindowcleaner yesterday he was expected by the customer to clean their house for £3.50....so if our job does become more high tech then the customers will also need educating....as to why a modern...legitimate run business needs to charge the prices they do...!

5. PTWC

PTWC Guest

Do you think that we charge more now doing WFP than with Trad.
    I don't think so.
    All the extra cost of equipment is being borne by the window cleaner, not the customers.
    They couldn't care less if you fall off your ladder, they just wheel the next one in to take your place.

6. seye

seye Forum Addict

I think the key is where do u stop, if you get good results and customers are pleased, how much do you keep adding when its not necessary. yes keep up with the times and keep doing your best for your customers but I think money can be overspent in wfp where its not needed and also will eat away at profits.
    Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

7. PTWC

PTWC Guest

Nicely put seye.
    Succinct!
    Thats the point, that i so eloquently could not make. :)

8. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

I am more than happy with my cheap RO and back pack set up, the windows I clean are sparkling and customers happy.

Good enough for me (for now, I do like the idea of hot water though just so it evaporates quicker so you see the result faster) ,though I do need to upgrade my RO before long :)

9. cheapncheerful

yep my wife had to get an nvq to keep her job as a cleaner....er....it wasnt hard....the bosses would gladly have helped make sure she got it anyway...not that she wouldnt but all this tech is taking over....just you wait till the hover board arrives...:D

10. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Hover board is already here lol

Advertisement