Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window cleaning van + Static filtration system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Chimera

Hi all,

I'm finally retiring from the window cleaning round to focus on the main job in the Fire service so am selling my van and filtration system. Details as follows;

Filtration system:

This is a static system that stays at home in a garage or shed which has a decent power pump to then fill the van up each morning. Advantages of this means it's much cheaper in filter costs and you don't need to leave the van parked up for hours to fill up. This system is approx 4 years old but has been well looked after which a couple parts swapped out as they needed to be. Includes;

• VYAIR RO200 Revese osmosis system (https://www.vyair.com/reverse-osmosis-water-filter-ro-200.html) £266 new

This is a semi automatic system which will shut the pump off when it receives no water, automatically flushes each start up and will (partially) shut off the waste feed when the output is blocked (I.e. with a ball **** in a full tank). 

[*]1 x DI resin tank to polish the water up ~£50 new

• No spare resin, current resin is around half way through it's life

[*]1 x Karcher high pressure pump with a suction hose to fit inside the IBC. Fills a 500l tank in 15-20minutes. £65 when new

[*]Dual in line TDS meter which allows you to see the effectiveness of the RO system and DI vessel separately to inform you which needs changing when TDS creeps up

[*]1 x 1000l IBC 

[*]a complete set of spare filters (2x RO filters + 3 prestage filters) worth £70

[*]Various spares and tools as pictured

Selling as a whole only, looking for around £250. Cash on collection (you'll need a van to fit the tank in as well)

Van: 

For sale is one Transit Connect T220 L75 (Higher payload version of 825kg) that has been used as a window cleaning van for the last 4.5 years and comes with a professionally fitted 500l water tank. 

This van has never let me down in the 4 years I've owned it, is in a good condition considering it's age and drives absolutely perfectly. Only reason for sale is that I am now retiring from the window cleaning world to focus on my main career in the Fire service and it will be a shame to see it go. 

Mechanical details;

• Has a full service history though this was done by EON engineers for the first 6 years of it's life (have it's service document from their maintenance dept.) and it has been service by myself since I obtained it at the end of 2012 (I have receipts for more or less every part that has been bought for it)
  • Engine management light is on. This can be cleared for a week or two but will always come back on, I have a OBD reader to identify what this is and it is an EGR sensor having failed after I cleaned the EGR valve. This is a common fault on Transit connects (Ford recalled some to re-calibrate the ECU to turn the light coming on i'm told) that has absolutely zero impact on how the engine runs. I can show you the fault on my bluetooth OBD reader to ressaure you what this is and will let the buyer take this reader so they can monitor it if they wish. Unfortunately Ford in all their genius made it so that to fix this sensor requires a whole new EGR valve which isn't worth the money when the engine runs fine.
  • Clutch done at ~100k
  • Glow plugs done ~2 years ago 
  • Last service done October '17 at approx 125,000 miles 

Comes the following window cleaning extras:

• Protectakote'd rear compartment to prevent rust
  • Good quality roof rack that makes (un)loading ladders quick and easy
  • 500l professionally fitted water tank
  • Leisure battery wired up to charge off the engine as it runs
  • Bilge pump powered by leisure battery to fill trolleys/empty tank
  • Custom racking on rear sides/doors 
  • Hole made in bulkhead and straps to store 2 poles out of the way
  • Generic window cleaning signwriting has been left on, this has gotten my a lot of work over the years as it stands out. I have a high-res file of the logo on the van which I am willing to give to the purchaser to use as I am now out the business. Alternatively I can remove this for you given an hour or two once purchase has been made.

Please note to save any confusion this van has been used with 2 trolleys (already sold) throughout it's life so does not come with;

•  A filtration system (has been filled by a static system kept at home, for sale too see separate listing. Willing to do a better price if both go at the same time)
  • Pumps/Controllers to supply water (with the racking and the leisure battery wired up these would be an easy addition for anyone who buys it) 

Looking for around £2500, open to offers. Cash on collection only.

Happy to take questions on any of the above on 07590655217

Cheers!

20180331_130509.jpg

20180331_131249.jpg

20180331_131055.jpg

20180325_180206.jpg

20180325_180221.jpg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Latest Posts

Back