Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Got A Tecbuk

WCF

Help Support WCF:

chip

Came this morning, so hooked it up and went out. My impression??? Let's just say that I can state in all honesty I didn't want the day to end! Would have probably worked for free! Ok, stretching it a bit, but this is by a mile the best brush I've had, but should put that into perspective, I've only had a few. I got the dual trim, soft mono with boars hair. My previous was the gardiner radius medium dual trim, the white one for easier reference. Decent brush in its own right but really does pale into insignificance in comparison, but must add that I realise that it's well renowned that it isn't the best of the selection, the soft black is what people recommend, and bearing in mind mark m's video expect it would have been a better comparison. That said I can only judge on my experience and what I have. The tecbuk just waltzes across the glass, bristles splay into the edges and corners, the other was no where near as effective though cant quite remember how good it was at first.

To hold in the hand I couldn't tell any weight difference, but popping it on the pole the tecbuk was definately heavier, which I expected to be a bit of an hinderence and to be banging and clouting the frames, but I was wrong, if anything had more control! And I can say that I didn't feel I'd been struggling with arm ache or anything, and did some three storeys at that and a couple of over roof jobs. Which brings me to the bit I was dreading most. Not being a sill brush, didn't look forward to messing about altering the angle for over connys etc, but blow me down didn't have too!! Result!

That said, really need to cover my round a few times to really know how good it is, but would be extremely surprised if my view alters. I was expecting to use it for a couple of windows and change back to the other until I got used to it, cleaning my house a few times for instance, but from the word go I was comfortable.

It's well built, looks bomb proof at the stock, no bristle loss, bristles maintained their integrity but it's only day 1. As I mentioned earlier, I haven't used the brushes what old compare the best, but can say with high confidence that if you buy one of these you will not think you've wasted money. I'm glad I didn't take part in the trial, cos I'd probably have cried at having to send it on!

I will definately buy another when funds permit, probably the full boars hair, that's not to say ill never buy the black sill brush, as I still plan to. But in short, this brush is magnificent! Thanks Richard.

Good write up David,

It’s nice for me to read comments on how the brush made your working day feel; I’ve heard similar enthusiastic comments about the brushes from new wfp cleaners with no previous experience.

You mentioned something on the phone, about a ‘brushes just being brushes’, but you were still willing to try something different. After just a day you can clearly see there are big differences between brushes used for wfp; the real and not so obvious benefit that would need to be calculated is the time saved and the extra money earned over the year.

Be confident and speed up.

Cheers, Richard

Can u use this brush head for every clean or only new?
You can use it for 1st cleans and anything else. But ricard recommends the boars hair to do it quicker and save the regular brush from getting dirtier and worn too quick, and it seems Belfast agrees!

Yes chip lol, pivot and scraper as well all the extras I've just spent £60 on a brush head lol

Back