Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Got Attacked By A Maniac Woman Today

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

I clean 8 small houses in this small cul-de-sac. Each house has its own designated parking spot, plus there is also parking spaces along the road. Any road, 4 of the houses are across a grassy area and it's not easy to get the hose to them unless you park right on the corner of the designated spaces. The end space belongs to a 93 year old lady who doesn't drive or leave the house. I parked there as I was only going to be 20/30 minutes.

Now, there is a barmy woman who lives in the road who has a hang up about people parking in the wrong place etc, she puts cat muck on door handles of cars, sticks stickers all over them and has attacked one other lady in the road who was clearing weeds out of the tarmac in the parking slots. She poked her head out of her door as soon as I showed up. Fun and games to follow me thinks. Lo and behold I hear 'excuse me' here we go I'm thinking. 'Mrs so&so doesn't want you parking in her spot as the carer can't park.' she said. I turns round and says 'you're just a trouble maker, let me go and knock Mrs so&so's door and ask her shall we?' She stands there smiling smuggly, grr. I walks to Mrs so&so's house and knocks the door. The carer came to the door and I asked to speak to Mrs so&so. Remember she is 93 with alzheimers (sp). The barmy woman is standing behind me. I try to ask the old lady if it's ok to park there for 20 minutes or so. The barmy woman is shouting behind me 'he wants to park there regularly and your carers won't be able to park.' I turn round and say 'shut up and stop trying to cause trouble, I only need to park for 20 minutes once a month.' The barmy woman is now going mental, shouting and screaming and I'm looking at the old lady thinking 'she don't need this on her door step.' I'm still trying to ask if it's ok to park, barmy woman still going mental, so I block her out by holding onto the door frame on both sides. The old lady says 'I can't see any problem with you parking there, and if a carer comes they can park on the road (which is just as close). At this the barmy woman grabs hold of me and tries to pull me back from my conversation with the old lady. I just stand my ground and she pulls at my arms even more. I tell her to get off and stop causing such a scene in front of the old lady. She turns round and says she's calling the police because I assaulted her!

Apart from that I had a good day :Image13:

Maybe she has a crush on you Tuffers and trying to get you to park your wagon in her slot :Image13:

Unfortunately we will all encounter best put "unwell people" as we go about our work. How you speak to them can be very difficult at times as the least thing you say can trigger an outburst.

You just have to remember which is hard at times to treat them with dignity and respect by speaking to them as you would like to be spoken to yourself even when they are being a pain in the ****... :Image9:

Unfortunately we will all encounter best put "unwell people" as we go about our work. How you speak to them can be very difficult at times as the least thing you say can trigger an outburst.
You just have to remember which is hard at times to treat them with dignity and respect by speaking to them as you would like to be spoken to yourself even when they are being a pain in the ****... :Image9:
Special needs and nasty vindictive people are two different things. Special needs I have all the time in the world for, nasty people causing trouble for the sake of it I have none.

Saying that, the woman obviously has mental health issues of a sort, but she seems to be under the radar. Where do you draw the line with mental health and horrible, nasty people? It's a tough one.

I would say she defo has a mental health issue tuffers as being nasty is one of the signs.

Funny thing is that the old lady you spoke with about using her parking slot will probably not remember a thing so you may have to ask every time you call.

Deja vu springs to mind so good luck with that one :Image16:

Latest Posts

Back