window fitting companys

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by HALTON, Feb 19, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. HALTON

HALTON Well-Known Member

had a customer get windows fitted about 6 month ago.
    on the second clean i noticed before i even cleaned the window that the lead that is on one of the openers had come off and was sticking out when i looked up at the top window luckily for me the customer was talking to me in the garden before i cleaned and pointed this out to him.
    He said he would get on to the company to fix it.
    so four months on and its still not fixed and he came out to pay me and he said
    i have rang the company back up as they were supposed to fix it and have not as of yet but when i rang them they asked
    do you have a window cleaner
    He replied back yes
    Then its the window cleaner who has done it he has rubbed too hard.
    He said this is impossible as he uses a pole thing with jets he hardly touches the window and it was the window cleaner that pointed it out to me before he even touched the window.
    i just looked at him today when he said this and laughed i said its always the window cleaner that gets blame from these company's.
    i said did you tell them that i did not even clean the windows when i spotted it
    he said yes and that's why they are coming back out.
    i just laughed and said i hope the rest of the lead on these openers are stuck properly.
    Why do we always get the blame for shite manufacturing and window fitters just pisses me off when we get blame
    Also just out of curiosity how much if i got blame for it would it cost to replace the lead on the edge of a raised diamond in the middle or the opener.?

Advertisement
  2. tlwcs

tlwcs Guest

#2 tlwcs, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2016
    I showed a customer a drip from their guttering that had just been replaced with the roof line. I made the mistake of saying it's just not seated right. Customer rang the company and quoted me to which the receptionist said, "how would he know, he's just a window cleaner"

Another old gal told me to keep the pure water, "with all those chemicals in it" away from her new self cleaning connie roof as I'd damage it. I tried to explain but as she went in I heard her say to the old man "the salesman had a tie on" ffs

Never going to amount to much lol

3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i try to never offer an opinion ,as its not worth it. what i Do say,if im pressed is "youre not right " which covers erly dementia, odd personalities and window faults

4. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

My previous job was as a window fitter. The price to fix that bit of lead is approximately £4.99, the price of a tube of superglue:thumbsup:

5. kevinc250

kevinc250 Well-Known Member

right up my street halton,i was a fitter as was steve,i am local to you-who fitted the windows?,i worked for leeds glass for many years and used to do all there snagging and service work,i know why the lead is coming away(its coming away from the 1/2 inch away from the pvc frame if i am right)

6. HALTON

HALTON Well-Known Member

Not sure who fitted them m8
    The lead in question is on the top opener there is a diamond shape that stands out in the glass that had a what I call a beveled edge on it were lead outlines the diamond I'll see if I can find a PIC on google
    Why do they come away ?

7. HALTON

HALTON Well-Known Member

See how in the first PIC the diamond is edged in lead this is how the diamond is edged on customer property except there is two in the opener but seem to bow in a bit so the diamond edge is not straight
    Its only one edge not all 4.
    So if I have ever any problems kevinc250 can I count on you ?

Attached Files:

8. kevinc250

show me a pic mate,but from what you described,its a bevel glued onto the glass and lead applied around the edge of the bevel,
    i did this in the early days when they first came out and the general rule was to clean everything with just glass cleaner-which contains silicone
    i'll quite happily call round and put yours and your customers case against the window companpy rep if it comes to that if you like

9. kevinc250

got you now halton,of course i will pop round just tell me before hand who fitted the windows(it gives me some leverage as i know most local companies)so i know what i'm getting into

10. HALTON

HALTON Well-Known Member

PIC is above m8
    Company is coming out to replace lead but if one has come loose how long before the other becomes lose.
    I'll keep you in mind if I have any problems with this but customer is happy at moment its not me .

Advertisement