Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dealing With Scammers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Poles Apart

Looks like I've been robbed, got asked to go and do a 3rd floor flat 32 panes of glass bloke said they hadn't been done for 10 years and that's just since he's been there so probably never quoted him £30 and he said can I do them Friday afternoon I said yes and told him I would let him know when we would call round. Text him Friday morning and said we would call at 4.00pm, turned up on time his intercom wasn't buzzing and his phone wasn't been answered, tried texting and phoning since Friday no answer and no reply, I don't chase debts with collectors as it's a waste of time I do return the unpaid dirt removal however throwing eggs that high could be difficult so what's the best stuff to put on the brush to make a mess?

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY!! I DO NOT CONDONE MESSING UP WINDOWS!

However should you ever apply a mixture of Turmeric and milk to a window the staining is Never going to come off the UPVC!

THE ABOVE IS FOR ACADEMIC DISCUSSION PURPOSES ONLY!! :whistle:

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY!! I DO NOT CONDONE MESSING UP WINDOWS!
However should you ever apply a mixture of Turmeric and milk to a window the staining is Never going to come off the UPVC!

THE ABOVE IS FOR ACADEMIC DISCUSSION PURPOSES ONLY!! :whistle:
quality

I wouldn't resort to these measures.at the same time I wouldn't let it go.I would get the money in the end no matter what

I don't understand why you do not file a Small Claims Court case for it, after all you did the work, you put in the graft.

It's not a complicated process and whilst it will cost you £25 initially this gets added to his bill so in the end he has to pay you back £55. If he still tries not to pay (and don't sweat that as they never turn up to the court hearing) you can then legally add additional costs onto the bill for your efforts in recuperating the loss.

Time in court - that's an hour £40 -

Visit to his home to collect in person - that's another hour £40

Sooner or later you could rack it up to £200 - £300 then sell the debt to an agency for 60% and let them go repossess hie T.V. his car, his pride, his dignity, in fact whatever they want cause once they add their cost on it will be £500 or £600 he'll end up paying.

I don't understand why you do not file a Small Claims Court case for it, after all you did the work, you put in the graft.
It's not a complicated process and whilst it will cost you £25 initially this gets added to his bill so in the end he has to pay you back £55. If he still tries not to pay (and don't sweat that as they never turn up to the court hearing) you can then legally add additional costs onto the bill for your efforts in recuperating the loss.

Time in court - that's an hour £40 -

Visit to his home to collect in person - that's another hour £40

Sooner or later you could rack it up to £200 - £300 then sell the debt to an agency for 60% and let them go repossess hie T.V. his car, his pride, his dignity, in fact whatever they want cause once they add their cost on it will be £500 or £600 he'll end up paying.
I will think about that? How can I prove I did the job?

Go back, stick your pole to the window and have your mate take a photo.

However the onus is on the accused to prove you didn't do and not on you to prove you did. Also 99% of all assholes (I mean judges) are well aware that window cleaning is a verbal agreement, if they aren't just ask to see a copy of the judges contract with his window cleaner. /emoticons/tongue.png

Go back, stick your pole to the window and have your mate take a photo.
However the onus is on the accused to prove you didn't do and not on you to prove you did. Also 99% of all assholes (I mean judges) are well aware that window cleaning is a verbal agreement, if they aren't just ask to see a copy of the judges contract with his window cleaner. /emoticons/tongue.png
Sounds like you know what you're talking about, thanx, oh and may the force be with you.

I have one thats been avoiding paying me my 30 quid for 6 months, sent letter, been promised money time after time, she has 2 more days remaining of the 14 i gave her then im filing a small claims, i have it all via text that she owes the money.

i have whittled my egging list down to 3 as the others i threatened with action have paid up.

now im thinking an egg injected with milk/tumeric though!

I have a 5 quid job that's done a runner. The sold sign went up, I left my note to leave the money under the dustbin, checked under dustbin several times when passing by, they were still living there, left a reminder, still no money left, now they have gone for good. I feel hurt and betrayed. What should I do?

Man up tuffers :laugh:

Get dog the bounty hunter on the case to track them down

And why are you doing 5 quid jobs lol

I have a 5 quid job that's done a runner. The sold sign went up, I left my note to leave the money under the dustbin, checked under dustbin several times when passing by, they were still living there, left a reminder, still no money left, now they have gone for good. I feel hurt and betrayed. What should I do?
Stay in this weekend

Latest Posts

Back