Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

electric reel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Duncs

need some advice guys what electric reel should i go for,shoulder is giving me some stick recently.Time to spend some cash ,i,m running two reels of a 110 leasure battery with no problems thanks

i have both types of reels duncs,the clover type is better suited if you floor mount the reels,and the newer hd is tbh better in use if its mounted high up ie above the tank-i'll try to upload a video tommorrow if i think on

My shoulders are great, just thinking about saving time! Every second counts.....

nice one kevin do you just fit it to your leasure battery mine will fit on top off tank
the hd comes already built so its just a case of attaching the two wires to the battery,however due to the location of the motor the reel will only hold about 60-70m of minibore hose,its not a problem for me and tbh with that lenght of hose i can turn the controller down a notch or two,today i'm making a mod to the reel as theres just one thing that niggles me,

those strips of plastic hopefully will stop the hose from popping over the edges of the reel,the clover leaf reel holds a full 100m of hose duncs,although you will need to be handy with the spanners to keep it in good working order it might be a better option for you

the hd reel will take 100m of mini bore hose as many have done this if thats what you are useing at the moment you'll be fine

I've got the clover reel with the add on from waterworks and I love it. It saves energy.

I now change my battery over every day and a half as against every 2

Was a pain to setup and aline and in doing so I stripped the plastic bushes, I wished I have got the dearer one

I paid £199 when it was reduced at the window cleaning warehouse

Slash some cash, you'll love it

Tony

I've got the clover reel with the add on from waterworks and I love it. It saves energy.I now change my battery over every day and a half as against every 2

Was a pain to setup and aline and in doing so I stripped the plastic bushes, I wished I have got the dearer one

I paid £199 when it was reduced at the window cleaning warehouse

Slash some cash, you'll love it

Tony
tony that sounds like the way to go

I have used the hd reel with 120m of hose

50m of gardiners reinforced pole hose and the rest microbore and it is fine and nowhere near the edge when spooled

Has anyone got the gardener reel I have the old power up want to upgrade don't no which one to get like the idea that u can wind up as u walk back but how well does it work the gardener one is a lot more expensive but u have to go back to van to reel in although I have heard it's a better job and I no gardener is very good to deal with

Back