Windows above busy high street shops

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by kahoona, Mar 16, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. kahoona

kahoona Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I need your thoughts please.

I have been asked to quote for window cleaning outsides for some offices which are located above shops on a very busy town center high street.

IMO it would not be feasible to do these in normal working hours and even 6am weekdays sees quite a steady flow on commuters making their way to the station.

So i'm thinking it would have the be Sunday morning if I wanted the job at all.

Do any of you have similar scenario and if so how do you would round this? do you also clean them outside normal hours.

Also can anyone direct me to any info that describes what sort of practices i need to follow regarding warning signs and/or coning off a section of pavement and possibly part of the road!

cheers

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

If it's offices and not residences I would do it at 4am on a week day. AND CHARGE WELL for the privilege.

NEVER on a Sunday you blasphemer! :p

No I used to do high street offices and we would start each Monday at 4am, 2 hours of work, treat the lads to a bacon roll and coffee then off to do the rest of the round.

3. abs

abs Guru

Used to clean Nottingham post newspaper offices in Nottingham City centre and we had to start early, put a hi viz on and you'll be fine

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#4 boarcity, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015
    iv a few jobs like that. i explain to the customer it must be done early . i charge 4 x my normal rate ,this extra also allows me to treat a worker [who is with me to put out cones and stand on road to foot ladder] to a bacon roll and coffee .

5. kahoona

cheers lads, looks like an early start mid weeks is the way forward and of course I'll be charging accordingly for it ;-)

6. kahoona

one other question, because of the "narrow" pavement I can't use ladders without going in the road, so was thinking to do these by WFP. Whats best practice when WFPeeing above shop windows! do you give the shops a free clean in the event you rain dirty water over their glass?

7. DanielT

DanielT Active Member

At 4am, the shops won't know who did it ;-)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I've been asked loads of times to do jobs like that and you can guess what I've said :D

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

one early job i got purely cos id ladder it,with ladder on road. i make sure to use cones plus a helper
    the previous windie doin the job broke a high window with his w.f.brush ,he had had the job for nearly 10 years at 10 quid.and was doing it in the normal daytime hours - but he initially refused to pay for the broken window , then changed tack when they cancelled him! too late!
    i charge 40 quid for the same job and the other windie is really peed off!

10. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

hi kahoona one problem you are going to have all your water is going to run onto the shop windows
    this is if you do them late they will deffiently kick off
    go 7am make yourself safe
    no way would i be grafting early **** that

Advertisement