Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Microscopic particles of resin from DI vessel getting onto the glass

WCF

Help Support WCF:

seymour sunshine

Hiyya Ya'll.

I've just received my 7 litre DI unit and been playing with it on my own windows. I noticed quite a few microscopic particles of resin were getting through onto the glass.

I went out looking for an in-line fuel filter like this:

image.png

but couldn't find one. In desperation, I cut up a bit of a dishwashing sponge and shoved it down the outlet hose. That seems to have done the trick and not slowed down the flow significantly.

* Is it normal to get tiny bits of resin coming out of a unit?
* Do they attach strongly to the glass or will they drop off in time?

I don't really want to be relying on bits of washing up sponge, but at least it seems to be working to filter the bits out. Now the glass is drying absolutely spotless.

You shouldn't get anything coming through except for pure. Have you made sure you have the DI flowing the correct way and all the internal sealing and riser tube is all correctly fitted. 

Check the riser tube is seated properly in the head of your di vessel, that can some times cause problems. And fit your system with a strainer, it’s surprising what can end up in your tank.

C28F9629-825F-452B-955A-462FF974C258.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Partly answered my own question. The bits that dried on the glass from my first attempt didn't come off with regular washing. I had to blade them off and it took a few goes of soaking followed by blading to get the pane perfect. And a few bits that were on the frame got dragged down onto the glass below.

I occasionally get a bit of resin on the glass

They are small plastic beads which will fall off and won't leave marks on the glass

That doesn't sound like resin to me

They are hard plastic beads and not possible to stick to the glass

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back