Windows locked open!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by kahoona, Jan 5, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. kahoona

kahoona Well-Known Member

More and more of my custys have been developing some every strange behavior, presumably due to the unseasonably warm temperatures we have had this winter.

Many of them have started leaving their upstairs windows ever so slightly open and locked in this position via the handle from the inside. I know not all window handle frames combs allow this to be done, but clearly quite a few of the older upcv and ali ones do.

Anyway I wont use WFP on these because I'm worried about water getting inside, and its no point climbing up the ladder to close them becuase you can only close by opening the handle from the inside. have any of you experienced this if so how do you deal with it?

I thinking of putting some anonymous posts on FB saying "beware burglars broke in thru my window even though it only a little bit open and locked with handle from the inside" :)

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Pretty easy to clean still. Just don't clean the top frame and don't rinse past the outside frame.

3. Markyboy 50

Or just trad those ones. If your willing to go up the ladder to try and close em u might as well clean em while there

4. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

Same as tuffers flats are a pain if the lower ones leave a side opener open instead of a top one, I still clean tho

5. kahoona

Maybe I'll pop a tin of these through their letter box with a note saying, I have been unable to clean your upstairs windows as they were left open today. If you are having trouble keeping your bed room freash smelling please administer one these to your old man once per day just before bed time. kind regards your window cleaner.

[​IMG]

6. Poles Apart

Don't get this what dya do in summer then?

7. kahoona

most of the time in summer I have found the windows are being left in this locked open state so its usually easy to push them closed. you get the odd one thats very stuff, but i find a ladder mitt on the end of a Harris pole sorts those ones.

The problem ones I was takling about seem to only have been happening alot lately, i'm guessing those people are leaving them like that because they are almost close / secure incase of rain and because its dark when they get back from work, so presumably (& understandably) they are not wanting to leave them "wide" open like they might do in the summer.

8. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

I think people are leaving them "locked open" to help combat condensation. I have to do it in my bedroom. Must be all the steamy action that happens in there :thumbsup: Most of my customers seem to leave the little top one open which isn't a problem as I can normally push them shut with the brush.

9. noddy

noddy Well-Known Member

push shut with brush if cant glass onky and move on should only slow you down 10 sec

10. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

I have a few like that, as others say just clean below top frame, wont have a issue then.

Advertisement