Windows Still Dirty

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by trevor62, Jun 21, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. trevor62

trevor62 Member

I got a WFP cleaner to do my windows, they have not been cleaned for years :Image1: , unfortunately they still have quite a lot of that murky look about them, not clear at all. Is it best to clean the windows with a cloth first time before you start using the WFP, just for the first time to get that hard to remove murk, even rubbing it with a cloth it needed a bit of elbow grease to shift it.

Any opinions?

Advertisement
  2. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

If he only used a cold water fed system i`d say that wouldn`t be sufficient.

A hot system would have more luck, but i would still use a de greasing agent like ubik 2000 or similar for really bad first time cleans.

3. Masons

Masons Guru

So if I cleaned the windows (cold pure water) you'd think that's not sufficient?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

4. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

clean then your self, or get him back, some windows take ages to get clean

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

On bad frames, sills and glass pure water even using hot I've found is not that great on some first cleans. Mind you I happen to be perfectionist so tend to use ubik also other chems too when required.

Some on here trad the windows first too on first cleans before using wfp next visit which I can understand why they do. :Image16:
    Thought I would mention that brands like unger have developed soap deispensers that go inline on a wfp pole.

Also this is an interesting vid as demonstrates a firm using a sprayer tank to apply gg4 through a wfp and white scrub pad on the end to scrub the filthy glass first.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQAJL32N_I0

What do you think?

6. OoO

OoO Guest

EVERY first clean I have done or anyone working here has been 99% perfect.

If they haven't done a good job then that's the operator.

7. trevor62

trevor62 Member

Thanks all for those good replies, that video was informative also, when I first saw that the windows were not up to scratch I questioned whether this system was going to get me into a full-time job, after consideration I realised that these windows would need a special first clean to remove years of neglect, so I'm considering to do all first cleans in the traditional way but do the rinse with the WFPS.
    I'm still hoping to go out with a windy to learn some parts of the game, also would like to know where to buy equipment in London so I can go view some items to get a visual grasp too.

Cheers :Image7:

8. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Don't trad the windows then rinse with wfp!!!

A boars hair brush is also very good on first cleans

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Wny not?

It's well known to most seasoned wfp users that soap/digresser is required on some first cleans even when using hot/warm water.

Personally I would not trad using ladders as no need unless I was removing paint etc from glass or the frames/sills were a problem to get clean.
    Instead I would simply apply the cleaning agent onto a wfp white pad doodle bug pad holder or old brush first, scrub, then rinse very well with pure. Then after that clean the windows again as normal for as near perfect results you can achieve if done right.

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You alway come accross how you respond to posts like you are a massive firm Damo so I'm just wondering now how many including yourself actualy clean windows?

Advertisement