Windows with top openers

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Max, Aug 25, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Max

Max Member

When your doing maintainance cleans on windows with top openers do you still go with one visit to the glass on the whole window or do you do the top opener then do another window and return to the original window to clean the glass under top opener. I'm trying to speed things up and returning to each window while lugging the backpack around is causing me to spend to long on each house, one visit would make a difference but at the moment i'm still a little cautious about drips from above etc. any advice much appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

I was cautious of this at the start but now I clean the middle bar then do the top glass and rinse it down and the bar and then clean the bottom glass

3. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

Its fine after a couple of goes

4. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

image.jpeg

I do the whole lot in one go and never go back to a window a second time.
    Because I'm sad, I've made a little diagram of how I do it. The red numbers are the scrub and the blue numbers are the rinse. Not sure if that's the 'correct' way of doing it but I haven't had any complaints.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  5. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

HOUSE!!!!! :giggle:

6. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

I try and start a window with the top openers first, then follow same procedure as Adam

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I do similar but will scrub the top opener and then rinse then the side ones and then the one below the opener
    No point scrubbing all then going back over to rinse
    If the backpack is an issue to move about put 25m of hose on it and stick it by the side gate
    Do the whole house without moving it

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. simon

simon Guru

best thing i did when i was backpack only was banging a good length of hose on, ended up using 60 ft

9. Dragbag

Dragbag Active Member

I was wondering what the optamal backpack hose length was, with out stressing the pump. Not ordered my backpack yet:whistle:

10. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

I use the PF trolley and do exactly the same as above. Same procedure and 25mtr PU hose.
    I you have two openers above and one pane underneath then do your best not to squirt water between the openers as this will run out from between and leave a dribble mark down the middle of the lower window.

Advertisement