winning book

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by super mck, Apr 15, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. super mck

super mck Active Member

is that book ,winning at window cleaning £34.99 if so there is only one person winning and its not me? or is it gold leaf(my ****).

Advertisement
  2. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

That’s a fair comment from someone who wants a gold leaf book for £34.95

Joking aside, I won’t make any real money from writing books like this with a sale price of £34.95; initially I offered the book at less than cost price when it was released.

The time it took me to write and then put together for sale, I could have made a lot more money cleaning windows.

Someone told me you can buy the information to a franchise on the clean it up site for £1,500.00

I think I may have to think about putting the high price of my book up even higher!

Richard

3. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

35 quid for a book on how to clean windows ????

4. Paul

Paul Guest

Hey Richard very good book mate, thank you I have learned a hell of a lot from it, even my wife had a good read and was impressed well done for putting your knowledge on paper most wouldn't bother, IMO worth every penny of £34.99 [hr]
    it's not about cleaning windows it's about making window cleaning a profitable business

5. Couldn't agree with you more Paul. The money I've saved already with the advice in book is easily more than the £34.95.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5f3dxr
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Sounds like a good read .

7. Paul

Paul Guest

I've been very lucky to get it in the early months of my business saves a lot of mistakes that I know for certain after reading this book I would of made.

8. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

im in 2 minds sounds like a good book but its alot to pay anyone bought it? detailed opinoins please

9. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

The cost of the book might seem high, but it’s not a novel you would read for entertainment.

Jambo113 do you have a pricing plan for your business, or do you have a load of individual prices based on each of the properties you service or worse still if the customer has an expensive car on the drive?

If you don’t know how to implement an active pricing structure for your business, or you simply want to get on and start earning more as soon as possible then paying for the cost of the book is really cheap compared with years of trial and error.

If you already have a round you can use some of the suggestion and ideas in the book to increase the value of your round from the comfort of your armchair. As soon as the changes are implemented you should get back far more than the cost of the book.

This can happen the next day you go window cleaning and by the end of the week/month I would hope you can calculate the real value of any changes you are making.

Put together a longer term plan over a year or two and the cost of the book really is insignificant.

Richard

10. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

yer i understand what you are saying but personally i would need a bit more info than that to go and spend 35 pound on something, i cant even find the book on amazon, ebay or wh smith or even find any reviews any were. now im not trying to discredit your book or say its over priced for a book but personally i need a bit more info about something before i make a purchase i wouldnt just go out and buy something without doing a bit of research on it first wether its a squeegee, a car, or a book what I need is a bit more info how do we know that we coudnt get the same info from ebay in an ebook form for 99p?

Advertisement