winter cleaning

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by CHWS, Feb 1, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

So this is my first proper winter with wfp , iv just done my own windows at the back which I haven't done in a couple of months , they were stinking and iv noticed they have a left a few water marks , is this a case of an extra scrub and rinse when they are quite dirty ? The front windows seem fine as I'd do them every month without fail

Advertisement
  2. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

prob the smallest bits of dirt go into the water after u rinsed of all u do is re rinse if your not sure or rinse slower

3. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

If the windows were very dirty would you double rinse mate?

4. mark

mark Forum Addict

welcome!!!you are very fortunate with your first winter,its been pretty good apart from the rain.clean the frames avoid vents.try vision its a marmite thing,love it.

5. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

It's only my first winter using the water fed pole , do you give it an extra scrub and rinse when the windows are very dirty?

6. mark

mark Forum Addict

well done on your change over m8!!clean frames = clean windows.once you have achieved this all that is needed is quick scrub and rinse,saying that some windows can be problematic-such as poor seals etc

7. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

Yea iv noticed that on quite a few they leave dirty drips. How often do you do the frames mate and how long do you let them drip for

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

If they are minging scrub the top frames and rinse all the crud out from above
    Then do another few windows and by that time it should have all run off
    Then go back to the first ones and give a good scrub and rinse avoiding the top frame
    Should be fine then

9. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

Ok davey , here's one that's always got me, for windows that have an above window to them and frame around it do you clean them all in one go or just the top bit let it drip and the come back to it?

10. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Here's my hot tip, squirt the window with some Ubik 2000, then scrub it all over and watch it suds up, then just rinse till suds are gone, that's how I do all minging first cleans and never leaves spots as the suds act as a sort of 'marker' so you know that you got it all good.

Advertisement