Winter Time is coming!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Gleam123, Sep 12, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gleam123

Gleam123 Active Member

Ok guys winter is coming, weather hasnt been great this year and will start to get worse.

What do you guys do through the winter? How do you decide when the weather is too bad for you to go out on a job?

Advertisement
  2. Jeff Brimble

Jeff Brimble Member

What I do as wfp may be different to what others who are trad do ?
    I always go out even if its just sitting in the van waiting to come home, the extra hour or two for earning can make all the difference. After cleaning windows since I was 17 (now 61) I nearly gave it all up last winter. Get ready now while there are still some daylight ours left, even if it means taking a day off to prepare etc

3. Jeff your obviously a very experienced window cleaner what do you do to get yourself prepared for the winter with regards to wfp method, any good tips

Col

4. Ken

Ken Guest

I'm going to get plenty more layers than I usually have carried in the past, my general winter gear is 2 pairs of trousers(or thermals and one set), then 2shirts,jumper then fleece. I wear hat,scarf and balaclava, which becomes a hat later in the day.
    I keep grit in the van for times when my water drips on the floor and it freezes.
    I keep customers number so I can ring them for possible delays.
    The problem this year will be water, as the tap will be turned off to stop pipes bursting and I have no shelter for the housing.

5. A.K WINDOWS

2 pair of kegs??i dont know how you do it i sweat like a pig all year round lol.i wear a hat and hoodie thats it maybe 2 t.shirts,used to it as work on sites for years and i hate warmth weird i know lol.

6. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I am going to wear my t shirt for as long as I can try and harden myself to the cold a bit. Mind you last year all I had was wooly jumper and waterproof coat

7. kars

kars Guest

Dont know how i will cope?? Totally hate the cold. Recon i will just have to get kitted out in snow gear?
    Whats the best kind of gloves to wear then?

8. Gleam123

Gleam123 Active Member

What about rain etc? The weather is getting a bit worse so how bad does the rain have to be before you decide your not going out that day.

9. A.K WINDOWS

i cleaned a few houses other day it was ******* it down lol not much fun but still coin;)

10. nearlyclean

Supplier

thermal socks and decent pair of boots and a hat,head and feet warm keeps the rest of your body happy and plenty of hot drinks and food.when it rains up goes the hood and I'm cocooned in my own little world

Advertisement