Other Winter Time

Discussion in 'Other' started by champers999, May 19, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. champers999

champers999 Member

So, for those of you less established or that can speak from experience, what sort of work do you do through the winter, this really is my first season and work is slow atm but fingers crossed that will change, people around our way dont generally get their windows cleaned through the winter, so Im looking some ideas to keep me ticking over through the winter.
    I have heard chimney sweeping is a good earner, and maybe general garden tidy ups etc.

As always thanks in advance
    Champs

Advertisement
  2. AGlassAct

AGlassAct Active Member

Gutters, fascia and soffits & Indoor windows. Not really interested in anything else but I would imagine the old soft wash and drive-way cleans would be a nice - but cold - change/addition in the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

3. Markyboy 50

Windows all year for me

4. TolishAPurd

It's your round, and if they want to be on it then they will have them done in the winter whether they like it or not. With that said, it's worth having a few other things to take your hand to when the whether is piss poor. It's amazing how busy this forum gets when the weather is bad.;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  5. David K

David K Forum Addict

Only Windows all year here .. :D

6. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

champers999 where bouts in ni are you ?? theres a wealth of things to be done winter time

7. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

if you graft when the weather fair , then you can chill when the weather is piss poor

8. champers999

champers999 Member

Up in Coleraine m8 :)

9. Green Pro Clean Ltd

What you hear is wrong IMO. Perhaps 1% will drop off giving it 'no point doing them in winter' the rest will still want them cleaning.

10. AGlassAct

AGlassAct Active Member

"People around our way don't generally get their windows cleaned through the winter, so I'm looking some ideas to keep me ticking over through the winter"
    As others have said I also clean all year round - champers wanted advice on what other do IF they slow down. But from my little experience they want them cleaned all year round, especially when the family come round at Christmas.
    A trad cleaner near me does chimney sweeping alongside his window cleaning - with the boom in trendy wood burners his September/November business has become the dominant earner for him. Not sure what the certification process is for that kind of work though?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Advertisement