Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Invoicing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CNS-southwest

For commercials

Do you guys do it on a 30days basis?

Does the 30 days begins from when the job was done, when the invoice was issued or from 30 days at the end of the month the invoice was issued?

Thanks

Dave

I know I'm in a completely different business sector to you guys but my customers are the same so there's not much difference.

Most businesses work on a 30 day basis but some want to clear their invoices quicker, some take even longer. I've got a corporation that I do consultancy with, whose turnover is literally into the billions so they want to pay on 45 days as the sheer size of their business and the amount of invoices they have to go through, prohibits faster processing. I've even had one customer whose terms were 60 days!

Smaller businesses can work on shorter periods such as 7 and 14 days but you really need to speak to your customer and find out what their payment terms are, unless you want to specify your own. Payments terms really need to be put in writing as well.

I think most people would invoice on the day they finish the job but larger jobs may require some payment up front.

HTH

just put 14 days on them or the ones I do each week I just invoice end of month. Most pay on the day for me.

Or one of them we get free take aways as payment!

It depends on the type of business as Ian said. I have shops who will pay on the day or they will tell me to come back in a week.

I do two David Sands (now co-op) and they pay every 30 days, some times I got it before 30 days, I have a restraunt that is the same they wait up to 30 days.

just put 14 days on them or the ones I do each week I just invoice end of month. Most pay on the day for me. Or one of them we get free take aways as payment!
im of out to canvas my local pizza shops!!llol

Back