Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flat Or Upright Tank?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Have you ever thought of using an oval shaped tank?

look @ all the tankers on the road that transfer liquids most seem to be round/ oval tanks!

I wwnt to climb in your brain wnd see whats ticking...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Have you ever thought of using an oval shaped tank?

look @ all the tankers on the road that transfer liquids most seem to be round/ oval tanks!
Just seen this quote thanks to Masons!
Basically tankers have sections/compartments in them where the water/fuel/milk is so as to not have the sea effect inside,

Ive seen a few tankers layed on there sides next to round abouts.......

I had 250 flatbed tank and now have 350 upright one.

I can honestly say that the flatbed tank gave more roll when driving half full.........

Best think I ever did . Lots more room in my combo now with upright tank......

Damo, have you ever filled your tank with the baffle balls as per your video? that would help to stop the movement yet still let you use the full amount of water

Another van has the baffle ball trick. Sorted the problem.

Got the balls. Just no time. So busy it's in real.

Weird just logged on and I was going to ask the same question!

I've got a 350 upright tank and I'm thinking about getting a 400 flat.

I find the upright tank takes up far to much space. My plan was to get the flat tank installed then board over it so I can load stuff on top?

Yeah that's an option.

400 flat wont fit in van very wide!!
my 350 flat tank gets air locks when quater full allways have to take hose off hose real an get air out bit of a pain in the rs lol i do live in a hilly area tho

Yeah that's an option.

Measured up and I can get it in no probs. could you raise one end slightly? Would this help with the airlocks?

Yeah that's an option.

Measured up and I can get it in no probs. could you raise one end slightly? Would this help with the airlocks?

I'm sure a flat 400 won't fit in a combo. Could be wrong.

But love having an upright. Can get more water out of tank. Coz I use a bilge pump in the bottom of the tank I sometimes can get the last 40L.

Stuvy send me your mobile number via PM.

We sub A LOT of work.

i have to park on a hill with 2 wheels on curb to get last bit out dont have to do that often tho .i think the sloshing around creates air witch causes air lock ,tank needs to b flat so it can b filled to the brim

You have them screws on the lids, with vents on them, don't they help?

I had to screw mine in tight, as was loose, assume this is to let air in properly? errmm.....?

i have to park on a hill with 2 wheels on curb to get last bit out

This was the reason I changed to an upright tank. You could have loads left in a flat tank, but park wrong and you can't use it!

Well its been a few days and i love the upright.

I get a "feel" of the ferry syndrome every day at some point. Usually when the water is at about 75% But the baffle balls really did fix most of the issues /emoticons/smile.png

Back