Yesterday my pump cut out and I returned to the van but couldn't find a problem. By chance I moved the wiring that connects the controller to the pump and the pump started again. I thought it must be a loose connection. I get through the day by giving the wiring a poke every time the pump cut out. When I got home I ran the pump and had a fiddle with the wiring to see if I needed new connecters. I noticed that the blue wire was pretty hot, as was the bullet connecter. I thought, loose connecter would get hot and shut everything down. Today I bought new connecters intending to replace them all. When I stripped the blue wire back, the copper has turned black. It's black all the way back to the controller. I'm not sure what to do. Is it safe to connect using this discoloured wire? Is the controller knackered? I think I could have been close to a fire.