Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First Cleans

WCF

Help Support WCF:

TJTOPCAT

Hi Everyone,

First Cleans, Do you all charge extra... ??? , if so How much, a Fixed Price or a Percentage.. ????.

I am just starting out, i spoke to a WFP window cleaner a few weeks ago, he said when he first started he did not charge extra as he needed the work, however, although he found himself

very very busy, some customers never had him back because he had done such a great job they were going to leave it another 6 months.

Thanks

Double or slightly less.

ALWAYS ask if they want a regular service, others they could only want a single clean.

if they want them regular I dont charge extra but uf one off I double the price
This can be tricky tho.

Had THE nicest customers say yeah yeah yeah we want a regular cleaner. Then 6 weeks later house is up for sale.

Then its like, do you cover Manchester? Urm no love thats like 200 miles away lol

On monday and tuesday next week i got £280.00 worth of first cleans to do... gotta all be done in 2 days....

I charge them the same price as a monthly service price... but i now ask if its a 1 off clean or not and if it is a 1 off clean i just add 3/4 kwid to the normal price

Thanks Everyone for your replies.

I guess the best bet is always Charge slightly more for every first clean and obviously ask the question

of whether its going to be regular or one off.

As Extreme Damo says " Even some of the nicest of Customers will say yeah yeah yeah its a regular clean ". !!!.

On monday and tuesday next week i got £280.00 worth of first cleans to do... gotta all be done in 2 days....

I charge them the same price as a monthly service price... but i now ask if its a 1 off clean or not and if it is a 1 off clean i just add 3/4 kwid to the normal price
Not enough H; mentioned on the BBC news the other, £1 in 1983 is the equivalent of £2.98 today. (So if you charged a customer £3.50 in 1983, today you would have to charge £10.43 – and that’s without putting your prices up in real terms for those past 30 years)

Businesses have - call out charges; set up charges, minimum prices, all for good reasons. Someone mentioned to me the other day a Taxi with put £2.50 on the meter as soon as you get in the car. I’m sure you can come up more examples, but it’s the one you should be using for your business that’s important.

Richard

yeh richard thats true mate /emoticons/smile.png but its still profitable /emoticons/smile.png aslong as it keeps ya going /emoticons/smile.png lol

Back