women window cleaners

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by kars, Jun 7, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. kars

kars Guest

It really amuses me to hear customers comments about the fact im a woman usually followed by shock that i own it!!! they then more than often assume that one of the guys i have working for me must be my husband!!! lol sometimes i laugh and say "no hes at home where he belongs" just to see their reaction :angel: especially when they are not keen on dealing with me just because im female. :)
    Any other women w/c out there finding it the same for them????

Advertisement
  2. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

When my wife comes out with me I often get the "How can you let her carry that heavy pole?" looks, and then she gets offered a cup of tea. Go on my own - they can be in the kitchen putting the kettle on & I turn invisible.

We make a real effort to be a team though - and it really pays off.

Dave

3. I personally have not seen any women WC's where I live near Southend and would too be surprised if I did but not in a "women can't do this job" way, but just because it is rare.
    I am sure that is why most people seem taken aback and would like to think that behind that initial surprise, once they have thought about it, that like me they would think "good on you" as like any other job, there is no reason why women should not be Window Cleaners (apart from the fact that they must be mad to want to do it like the men who do it).

We do have a lot of women canvassing teams in our area who I am told are very good. I believe they once had masive commercial rounds ut sold them as the canvassing was more lucrative.

4. nearlyclean

Supplier

Lots of my mates have there wifes or daughter working for them or is it the other way round.Probably do a better job as most women have an for detail

5. I have a women who works for me as a window cleaner part time and shes is the best and fastest bar none, puts all the guys to shame easily.

col:)

6. harvriddle

harvriddle Guest

I've also not seen any W/C women. But I don't see why a woman can't handle the job? There are female architects and builders, so... :)

7. kars

kars Guest

All too true!!! lol Had the worst one yet today. went to inroduce myself to the mangager of a nursing home gave her my chat all the time thinking we're going to loose this one... u just get the vibes!!. She looked me up and down like i was dirt and demanded to see my license and insurance which of course i produced. Had to bite my tongue as the previous guy had none of these and had been doing there windows for years but kept on smiling and bragged how great it was being my own boss being able to pick and choose work!lol then informed her that the price would be going up for the next clean and we would no longer move furniture etc to gain access to inside windows and would need clear access and we would of course inform her in advance when we would be calling. I already know no one else will do the windows there so she will have to put up with me or get a cowboy either way
    Sorry rant over!!lol But she did get my back up she would never have spoken to a man like that. The boys were killing themselves laughing at it after!!!'}(

8. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

I'd love a woman to clean my windows- Well as long as she looked like Megan fox and not Jo brand!!!!

9. harvriddle

harvriddle Guest

:lol: yeah, good point :D

10. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

So it raises the question "Kars" are you Megan Fox or Jo Brand!! :lol:

Attached Files:

Advertisement