Wonderful world of fiberglass water fed poles O_o

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by LUKIDELUX, Mar 7, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. LUKIDELUX

LUKIDELUX Member

Hi there Many people say fiberglass poles are heavier that graphite but also these are the cheapest option. We knows 1000 reasons why these poles so bad.......I want to hear something positive from people who use one of these. The most Important question is? can I do perfect job with fiberglass pole or these poles are to flexible?!
    I bought one and dont know what to think...maby resale.....maby left just in case as "emergency" pole.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Posh

Posh Hero

Poles a pole mate. Long as it does what it's designed to do.
    Get you to the window.
    My homemade Harris pole does the same job as a 3 4 £500 pole. It gets me to the window.

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Agree to a point, but, is a squeegee not just a squeegee as it will blade the water off a window? No, a squeegee is not just a squeegee as we buy quality tools and not cheap ones from B&Q, just like people who use poles all day buy quality poles.

4. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

A pole may be a pole, however some get you to the window easily & some incredibly hard!! The heavier & more flexible a pole is, the harder it is to use. The harder it is to use the harder it is to do a good job. The harder it is to do a good job, the harder your day will be to achieve success. The harder your day is the harder your entire week will be. The harder your week is........................ Get the idea? You decide which logic will benefit you best.

Up to 18ft the difference is more acceptable, above 18ft each extra foot increases the difference dramatically.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. LUKIDELUX

LUKIDELUX Member

Everything's gonna be hard with fiberglass pole...but you are able to do huge muscles without paying for the gym:rolleyes:

6. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

You'd struggle to afford a gym pass using a F/G pole all day!!:D

7. Posh

Posh Hero

If I'm honest yes I think a squeegee is just a squeegee. I've used a £1 squeegee before BUT with good rubber in it & it was fine. Same as its the brush that cleans the window. But I take the point about heaviness if yer working with it all day. I only use it occasional so I will butt out of this conversation & leave it to the wfp boys. :iaminnocent: :devil: :thumbsup:

8. monkeyman

monkeyman Well-Known Member

I used a 24' fibreglass pole every day for the past year. You just get used to what you have. I got an slx25 2 weeks ago. We didn't fall in love instantly. I was slower all the first week. But by the end of this week we were getting on well. After a month using the glassfibre pole my shoulders were a bit bigger(to me anyway) You can definitely do a good job. Once you stop waggling were you should be wiggling you've got it.

9. LUKIDELUX

LUKIDELUX Member

Thanks guys :)some of that answers are very useful for beginners like me:thumbsup:

10. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

lukidelux i use a extel pole its a heavy onebut investing in new poles soon my pole cost 190 but it does 3 storey a carbon one would cost about 500 or more what type pole u have

Advertisement