woo, I must be cheap!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Roy, Jul 17, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Roy

Roy Active Member

There is this franchise cleaning company around me, they do window cleaning, think I see them once around, but they ranked petty high on google.

I bet you cannot guess the price... they quoted me.

I asked for a quote for this: 12 normal windows which two are bay windows and two of the windows on back are on the third floor. I asked for one off and monthly.

Two bays, one window and a door on front side. Door and three small on side. Back two on ground, two on 1st floor, two on top floor. Nothing major!

Say a price I bet you wont guess it, either that or im super cheap!

For first clean and then monthly..

Advertisement
  2. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

Not sure the area, but my guess is £35 then £20

3. Roy

Roy Active Member

double that and add more..

4. Roy

Roy Active Member

£76 first clean then £69... I said are you sure, he said yes that's the best we can do.
    I really couldn't see anyone ever paying that.

For me I would have said £25 first time then £20 after, so I think I was cheap lol.

5. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

They must get enough to stay in biz! Nice work if you can get it, but we'd be waiting a long time for those kind of pay days

6. Roy

Roy Active Member

they probably get more one off then regular I would imagine.

7. matt18

matt18 Member

there is a guy round my way that prices like this, if you wonna do this then you gotta target up market clients.

100k+ income
    Not the sub human scum that knocks you £13 for a flat who has not got a pot to pi$$ in.

£700-£1000 a year to keep your property looking sharp is not bad if you can afford it.

Its the people with champagne taste and beer money you gotta weed out.

Its only expensive if you cant afford something.

8. MrBump

MrBump Guest

That does sound alot, but it does depend entirely on where you live? I'd be half that too, but some people just don't know better or care about price if they have enough money, infact some people 'want' to pay more as they think they are getting a better service. We need 3 x as much work as them. Still I am much happier there are companies out there increases the trades prices, rather than bringing it down to pennies as shown in another thread!

9. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

to push the price up the limit of acceptability in the given demographic, if we could nail that... We'd be happy folk, and probably good poker players :D

10. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

tbh were i live i avoid the 100k a year ***** .. as theyr the ones who knock u as most no

its the working class who pay u on time or r at the door to pay u before u even start

i wold rather do 10 x10 pound houses over a big dear house any day

matt18 SUB HUMAN SCUM ??? that is a awful phrase sir

Advertisement