Wooden Conservatory

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by richard123456, Apr 9, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. richard123456

richard123456 Member

Came across an old wooden conservatory on the back of a house I was cleaning today. Weren't really sure what to do with it, because I heard they are fragile or something. Had quite a lot of dirt on it also, so might of had to put pressure onto it.

Any advise on what to do with old wooden conservatories?
    It wasn't all rotted or anything but the glass seemed kind of thin. and also do you guys mess with rotted wooden windows?

Advertisement
  2. norm

norm Grand Master

i would point out to custy the possibility of damage when cleaning etc and hike the price cus its going to take you more time
    or as cheapncheerful says do a runner and ignore it :laugh:

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I don't take on jobs with rotten or paint flaking windows frames.

Retarding conservatories if you are concerned of the integrity of the structure, frames and glass in any way then best leave well alone.

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

just crack on and clean ,do your best effort

5. Alien Human

Bit harsh calling a conservatory retarded Smurf.......just cause its wooden ;)

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Oops! I was speed typing honest guv :D

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I've cleaned quite a few wooden conservatories but all in good condition. Mainly expensive oak framed ones some which have been painted and others oiled/stained all with double glazed units fitted.
    Anything that looks old and dodgy I leave well alone as is not worth the hassle.

Advertisement