Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Crb Check Worries

Shaun1977

Just on filling some forms out for a council contract and Iv started worrying a little over the CRB check.

14 year ago I was a bit of a *** at 20 year old n got pulled by police I wasn't insured n gave diff name to wich thy caught me out on n I got done.now on paper it was down as something along lines of resisting arrest or something along thm lines im just worried it might come back to haunt me nearly 15 year later

Hey mate I'd be happy to help. Just left the force this year so still clued up on things. Did you ever get charged with anything? And if so did you go to court and get convicted? Pm if you'd prefer to keep it private. CRB checks are done at different levels. Most are just very basic stuff with minimal details given.

as a self employed you cant get a full crb, for a self employed its a scottish disclosure, that will only show things that you get convicted on!

Being employed or self employed has nothing to do with it. It's what you do or have contact with or near that counts. The government decides on a list that certain jobs require to have one.

This process is done differently in Scotland if this is what your referring too?

being a self empolyed person cant get a full crb done on themselfs. it has to be done through something called a scottish disclosure.

i know cos i had to go throught this to get my own, and being self employed you cant get a fully crb

Current legislation does not allow the self-employed or individuals to apply for a CRB check, as they cannot ask an exempted question of themselves. It is for the recruiting organisation asking the exempted question to assess an applicant's suitability.

However the following options are available:

• a self-employed person can apply for a CRB check by registering with an agency
  • individuals are able to obtain a basic check from our colleagues at Disclosure Scotland. This provides individuals with details of any 'unspent' convictions
  • alternatively, individuals are able to make a 'subject access' request to their local police force under the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998, which will provide up-to-date details of any criminal records in the UK.

This is if your applying for a CRB check for yourself which as stated above is the correct way.

As I read it he is applying through the council.

This is if your applying for a CRB check for yourself which as stated above is the correct way.

As I read it he is applying through the council.
no he is apply for a coucil window cleaning contract that askes about you having a crb check

Well I've not seen the application so can't comment on that. Can only go on what I'm reading.

Well I've not seen the application so can't comment on that. Can only go on what I'm reading.
when you go for a any council window cleaning contract they like to know if you are or not. when I applyed to them and quoted then I had to show certificate

I'm hoping I pass mine, couple of minor things when I was younger worry me a bit but fingers are crossed.

Mines through social services for fostering so will be pretty complete I presume.

Back