Wooden windows frames rotting

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by davewindowcleaner, Nov 5, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. davewindowcleaner

davewindowcleaner Well-Known Member

Pick up a new customer today who wanted her windows cleaned when she saw me working, she live a cross the road so i said I would do it but I didnt think I need to check the back of her house cos it was the same type of house I was already cleaning earlier.

Once I finish the front and side of her house and starting to do the back, I noticed the a few of the windows frames was rotting a bit but i took the risk.... the water leaking inside the house!!!

Right or wrong I didn't say anything, knock on the door and got my money, said I be back in 8 weeks... I be surprised if she doesnt notice it.

I am Gutted, this would of been a good paying job.

Advertisement
  2. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

Lesson learnt mate.... made similar mistakes myself when I first started, working on one house someone comes out and asked me to do theirs looks exactly the same as the one I am doing, quote the same price and when I get to the back...nothing like it . So as long as you've learnt from it, always view the property before you quote. I ve even had people say to me in the street " oh it's got 3 windows at the front, one at the side, 2 at the back"....ect well what they don't tell you is how big the windows are...? always have a look before you price and then you see layout, size, obstructions quality ect. I am sure we've all done mate.
    I suppose when you go back if anything is said you can just say "well with you not saying you had a problem with the woodwork I took it to be waterproof".....?? put the fault back on her !!!

Advertisement