Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Highest td you can clean with?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Perhaps it's to with what the solids/minerals are, within the water?A 170 tds in one part of the country could have a completely different content than water with the same tds in another? Would different minerals 'spot' differently than others.........?
Good question and I guess the mineral type might make a difference, but in my head (where things are often confused and wrong) ppm is ppm, and those parts have to go "somewhere" and not just vanish?

No idea though...

A tds meter just measures the conductivity of water so the higher the reading the more dissolved solids are present in it. When you rinse more you are actually putting more minerals into the fines on the glass that gets trapped so eventually will build up to stain the glass when it dries. You may wash the dirt off but can cause long term damage to the glass.

Trad cleaning works slightly different as the water is mixed with a detergent so when squeegeed off don't seem to cause any long term damage to the glass but does leave a sticky residue. Hence why they say wfp cleaning with 000ppm pure water after about 3 cleans the glass will start to stay cleaner for longer as all traces of soap has been removed by then..

If mine goes to 002 I break out in a sweat. :eek: I just want to walk away happy that I'll not get a complaint, so try to keep it at 000.

It's surprising that old folk no matter how many times you tell them think you are just using tap water and some probably do /emoticons/biggrin.png

Believe it or not I've seen the results, I had softwashing the windows and rinsed via the outside tap, spot free.

I have had to get another di vessel, as water source went from 084 to 114 and water coming through di at 002-003, even when water on a slow rate and resin not that old, so going to use twin di vessel method, to ensure 000 reading. Felt really guilty using water at 002, couldnt sleep:(

I have had to get another di vessel, as water source went from 084 to 114 and water coming through di at 002-003, even when water on a slow rate and resin not that old, so going to use twin di vessel method, to ensure 000 reading. Felt really guilty using water at 002, couldnt sleep:(
Mine went up to 002 tonight, not got a problem with that reading. You can tell when your resin is on its way out. If you are like me, you give the vessel a swirl before turning the tap on. When the resin is new, it sounds heavy and slushy as you swirl the vessel, as it goes off you will notice the water swirling more freely.

imagine how much water and time you would save jut using tap water
i often do use tap.....first...as a first clean...its great having all that flow and its not costing a penny...but of course....i always finish with the good old pure.../emoticons/biggrin.png

the trouble is...if you could use tap....no one would want us they would all just clean their own...i have seen plenty of people who have cleaned with tap[delusional]and left the proof for all to see.........

000 for me. If you have an Ro its not hard to keep it at 000.

Whats the point of advertising/going on about the fact that you clean with pure water with all the benefits blahblah then using anything less than pure water?

000 for me. If you have an Ro its not hard to keep it at 000.Whats the point of advertising/going on about the fact that you clean with pure water with all the benefits blahblah then using anything less than pure water?
I have an RO, with a DI vessel, I still can't get 000 due to the water coming out at around 430 from the tap.

I am adding a larger DI vessel, but my water with "just" the RO was around 21, I cleaned my own home with it and it is perfect, with DI I have got it down to around 8 or 9 now, cleaned around 20 houses so far, all have been perfect.

Would I like 000? yep, do I have 000 with RO and DI vessel? NO

000 for me. If you have an Ro its not hard to keep it at 000.Whats the point of advertising/going on about the fact that you clean with pure water with all the benefits blahblah then using anything less than pure water?
If mine reaches 4 I sort it, that's good enough,for me.

I have an RO, with a DI vessel, I still can't get 000 due to the water coming out at around 430 from the tap.
I am adding a larger DI vessel, but my water with "just" the RO was around 21, I cleaned my own home with it and it is perfect, with DI I have got it down to around 8 or 9 now, cleaned around 20 houses so far, all have been perfect.

Would I like 000? yep, do I have 000 with RO and DI vessel? NO
Fair dinkum. With 430 from the tap thats gotta be difficult. Do you have one di or two?

If you have two why dont you try going from your Ro through a di to the ibc/tank so it will take it from 21 down to 000 then have your second Di after the pump.

I have a second ibc waiting to be fettled to catch rain water which i will have a bilge pump running the rain water through my spare di into my main ibc, i'm starting to get ready for when meters become compulsory.

Back